How do I move a Revit file to another drive?
2020 and earlier versions:
- Create a folder on the desired drive to store the Content Libraries. (e.g. D:AutodeskRevit Libraries)
- Choose the mode local for each of the groups, browse or type the path to the newly create folder and click the append button. This will add the corresponding folder for the groups.
Where is Revit project location?
The location of the Revit model can be set in the Location Weather and Site dialog (Go to Manage > Location from the Revit menu). When exported to IFC, this is set as the Site location.
How do I move the central file location in Revit?
To move all models, or larger groups, go through the following steps:
- Lock the server.
- Browse to the Revit Server Project Data folder (the default path for this is C: ProgramDataAutodeskRevit Server ####Projects, but this path can be changed during the installation of Revit Server).
- Move the files to the new server.
How do I change where Autodesk is installed?
Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > select installed Autodesk Suite programs and uninstall them. After uninstalling those programs, proceed with the install per General installation workflow for Autodesk Products and when asked, modify the program installation location.
How do you change True North in Revit?
Rotate True North
- Open the site plan view.
- Use the survey point to set a known position on the site.
- Change the view’s orientation: In the Properties palette, for Orientation, select True North.
- (Optional) In the view, add a reference plane or an annotation that indicates the True North direction.
How do you fix coordinates in Revit?
Relocate the Model by Specifying Coordinates
- Optional: Display the project base point and the survey point in the current view.
- Click Manage tab Project Location panel Coordinates drop-down (Specify Coordinates at Point).
- Place the cursor on a reference point of the model. …
- Click the reference.
How do I change the base point of a project in Revit?
Move the Project Base Point
- In the site plan view or another view that displays the project base point, select the project base point.
- Drag the project base point to the desired location.
How do you detach a central file in Revit?
- Click File tab Open.
- Select a workshared model.
- In the Open dialog, select Detach from Central.
- Click Open. The default file name for the model is the original filename with “_detached” appended. …
- In the task dialog, specify whether to preserve or discard worksets. …
- Save the model.
Can I delete Autodesk in C drive?
Solution: After downloading a program and running the self-extracting archive, it extracts the installation files to a folder in C:Autodesk and then runs the setup file from there to start the install. It is okay to move or delete the folder C:Autodesk folder depending on the future situations.
Where are Autocad setup files?
Solution: After you download your software, you can find the installation files in various places. If you downloaded your software from Autodesk Account or another source, check the default download folder for your Web browser, your Desktop, the Downloads folder, or the System > Autodesk folder.