To Share a View
- Open the file you want to share a view of.
- Access one of the following: Select File Share Share View. …
- In the Create a Shared View dialog box, specify options. …
- Select Share to upload a visual representation of the file in Autodesk Viewer.
How do I export an Inventor file?
To export a STEP file choose File -> Save as…, as file type choose STEP-Format (step, stp) and go to Options. A new dialog box appears. Under Output as the following options can be selected: Solid/Surface geometry: the geometry will be exported as solid and surface bodies.
Can you export an Autodesk Inventor file as a PDF?
You can export an Inventor file as a PNG or TIFF image with a transparent background. You can export a BMP image with a white background. In the Image Save Options dialog, select Transparent Background. Exports a model to a 3D PDF file.
How do you use pack and inventor?
Locate the file to package.
- In Autodesk Inventor, click File Save as Pack and Go.
- Or, in Microsoft Windows Explorer, browse to the file to package. Select the file, right-click, and then select Pack and Go.
- Or, initiate a Design Assistant session outside Autodesk Inventor.
What is the file extension for Autodesk Inventor?
Autodesk Inventor supports IDW and DWG file types for drawings. Both file types produce identical drawings. IDW files are the native Inventor format.
How do I open an STP file in Autodesk Inventor?
Open STEP file in Autodesk Inventor
- Click Open.
- In the File Open dialog box, set the Files of type to STEP.
- Select the file, and then click Options. In the Import Options dialog box: …
- Click OK to close the dialog box, and then click Open to import the STEP file using the specified settings.
Can Autodesk Inventor Open Solidworks files?
With Inventor, users can import SolidWorks, Catia, STEP, ProE, and more into their Inventor models and maintain associativity to the original file. Any changes to the original non-native file will be recognized and reflected in the Inventor environment.
How do I export Inventor to PDF?
Open the Inventor part or assembly you want to export as a 3D PDF. On the Annotate tab, go to the Export panel, and select 3D PDF. This will launch the Publish 3D PDF dialog box. Once the dialog box comes up you have lots of options to choose.
Where are Inventor files stored?
These backups are stored in a sub-folder located under your project workspace called “OldVersions”. The files are automatically named
What is Pack N Go in Inventor?
Pack and Go packages an Autodesk Inventor file and all of its referenced files in a single location. … Use Pack and Go to archive a file structure, copy a complete set of files while retaining links to referenced files, or isolate a group of files for design experimentation.
How do I open the Design Assistant in Inventor?
Open Design Assistant, either within Inventor or from Microsoft Windows Explorer. Select View Customize. Select the appropriate property group. Select the properties to display.
How do I rename a file in design assistant?
To Rename, Copy, or Replace Files Using Design Assistant
- Use Microsoft Windows Explorer to select the assembly file, right-click, and then select Design Assistant.
- Click the Manage icon, and then select the file or files to copy.
- Click the Action cell for one the selected files, and then select Copy.