How do you check weight in Solidworks?
Click Mass Properties (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Mass Properties. The calculated mass properties appear in the dialog box. If an assembly contains components with overridden mass properties, those components are listed at the bottom of the Mass Properties dialog box.
How do I load simulation results in Solidworks?
To load all simulation data, click Simulation > Options > System Options > General and select Load all Simulation Studies when opening the model (requires more time to open a model). You can also load simulation data for a specific study by clicking individual simulation tabs.
How does solidworks calculate load capacity?
Performing Beam Calculations
- Click Beam Calculator (Toolbox toolbar) or Toolbox > Beam Calculator .
- In the Beam Calculator dialog box, select a Load Type.
- Under Type of Calculation, select Deflection or Stress. …
- Select a beam: …
- Select an Axis to determine the value for Moment of inertia or Section modulus.
How do you add a load in Solidworks?
How to add a Point Load along a Beam in SOLIDWORKS Simulation
- SOLIDWORKS Beam Analysis with Point Load at the center. Add a Reference Point. …
- Reference point center of face. …
- Top face selected. …
- Add External Load.
- Completed Beam Analysis. …
- Split Weldment Path Segments. …
- Joint Group Merged. …
- Add load to the Joint.
How do you calculate the weight of a part in SolidWorks?
The mass properties of a part or assembly can be found by going to the evaluate tab and clicking on the icon labeled Mass Properties. The mass properties of a part/assembly can also be found by going to Tools>Evaluate>Mass Properties as shown below.
What are the 5 steps to running a simulation in Solidworks?
Part of SOLIDWORKS Simulation’s ease of use are the simple Six Steps that every Simulation Study shares.
- Step 1: Define your Study. …
- Step 2: Assign your Materials.
- Step 3: Apply the Boundary Conditions (Free Body Diagram)
- Step 4: Mesh the Model.
- Step 5: Run the Analysis (Solve)
- Step 6: View the Results.
What is CWR file in Solidworks?
The CWR file is a compressed file containing all the results data related to the study. Upon saving and closing the SOLIDWORKS file, the results are saved to the CWR and then deleted. This allows convenient file management without keeping track of multiple files.
Can solidworks do FEA?
Solidworks Simulation uses FEA (Finite Element Analysis) methods to identify the behavior of parts or assemblies/parts when a load is applied.
How do I add a point mass in Solidworks?
You add a COM point by clicking Center of Mass (Reference Geometry toolbar) or Insert > Reference Geometry > Center of Mass. In the graphics area, appears at the center of mass of the model. In the FeatureManager design tree, Center of Mass appears just below Origin .
How do you fix a point in Solidworks?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do I run a solidworks simulation?
To run a study, right-click its icon in the Simulation study tree and select Run or click Run in the Simulation toolbar. When you run one or multiple Simulation studies, they run as background processes. Simulation continues to run in the background after the SOLIDWORKS session is ended.