How do you create a detail component in Revit?
Use tools on the Create tab to create the shape of the detail component. A detail component is displayed in a symbolic form and is not shown in 3D. Click the Line tool to sketch the symbol. Create the component between the 2 reference planes to have elements contract or expand based on the length.
What is detail component in Revit?
Detail components are Revit families that can be placed in drafting views or detail views to add information to the model. They offer a faster method of detailing than drawing individual detail lines.
How do you create a repeating detail component in Revit?
Creating A Repeating Detail Family
- Start the Repeating Detail command:
- In the Properties window click Edit Type:
- In the top right corner click Duplicate and give it a new name:
- Change the Detail Item to the one you want to repeat and change the distance for how often to repeat the detail:
How do you create a repeating detail family in Revit?
Select Edit Type from the Properties palette. In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate to create a repeating detail, and give it a name. In the Parameters section, use the drop-down list to select the detail component to use in the repeating detail. The Layout parameter controls how the detail repeats.
How do I add a family category in Revit?
Create Family Subcategories
- With the family open, click Manage tab Settings panel (Object Styles).
- On the Model Objects tab of the Object Styles dialog, under Category, select the family category.
- Under Modify Subcategories, click New.
- In the New Subcategory dialog, for Name, enter a new name. …
- Click OK.
What are component families?
For filters, a component family can be defined as filters of different sizes manufactured from the same filter membrane type and raw materials in the housing and connectors. … A bag assembly family is a set of bags manufactured from the same components but in different ratios.
How do you create a family type in Revit?
Create Family Types
- Click Create tab Properties panel (Family Types).
- In the Family Types dialog, under Family Types, click New.
- Enter the family name, and click OK.
- In the Family Types dialog, enter the values for the type parameters.
- Click OK.
How do you edit a detail line in Revit?
You can modify line weight, line color, and line pattern in the Family Editor. See Modifying Line Styles in the Family Editor. Click Manage tab Settings panel Additional Settings drop-down Line Styles. In the Line Styles dialog, click New, and enter a new name for the line style.
How do I edit a family in Revit?
Select an instance of the family in the drawing area, and click Modify |
How do I edit Lineworks?
To Edit Linework in a 2D Section
- Select the section to be changed, and click 2D Section/Elevation tab Linework panel Edit. …
- Select the lines that you want to assign to a display component, and click Edit In Place Linework tab Profile panel Modify Component. …
- Select the component on which to put the lines. …
- Click OK.