Data shortcuts are stored in the _Shortcuts folder for the active project and are used to create data references to the source objects in other drawings. Each data shortcut is stored in a separate XML file.
How do I add a shortcut to data?
To Work With Data Shortcuts
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, right-click Data Shortcuts Create Data Shortcuts.
- In the Create Data Shortcuts dialog box, select any objects to be referenced in other drawings, and then click OK. Now you can create references to the data shortcuts in other drawings. Note:
How do you reference data in Civil 3D?
In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, in the Data ShortcutsSurfaces collection, right-click EG. Click Create Reference. In the Create Surface Reference dialog box, notice that you can specify a Name, Description, Style, and Render Material for the surface.
How do you update data shortcuts in Civil 3D?
- Manage tab > Data Shortcuts panel > Synchronize References. Update the reference name.
- The data shortcut name has been updated and synchronized.
- Save the file.
What does promoting a data shortcut do?
Promote references to independent objects. A promoted reference becomes an independent object, and is no longer automatically updated if the original source is edited. In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the Data Shortcuts collection to see the data shortcut of interest.
How do I use shortcuts in Civil 3D?
Creating the Data Shortcut in the Source Drawing
- Open up source drawing containing the Civil 3D object.
- Set the Working Folder. Select the Data Shortcuts in the Prospector tab. Right-click. Select Set Working folder. …
- Select the location for the working folder.
- Press OK.
- Create a New Shortcuts Folder.
How do you data reference a pipe network in Civil 3D?
To create a reference to a pipe network in a Vault project
In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, in Master View, expand the Projects
How do you create an alignment in Civil 3D?
Creating an Alignment with the Alignment Layout Tools
- Click Home tab Create Design panel Alignment drop-down Alignment Creation Tools . …
- In the Create Alignment – Layout Dialog Box, enter a unique name for the alignment.
- Specify the alignment Type.
- Enter an optional description.
- Enter a starting station value.
What is a data shortcut?
A data shortcut provides a direct path to the location of a shareable source object. In a single operation, you can create data shortcuts for multiple objects in a source drawing. The data shortcut is used only for the creation of data references.
How do you reference data shortcuts in AutoCAD?
In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, right-click Data Shortcuts Create Data Shortcuts. In the Create Data Shortcuts dialog box, select any objects to be referenced in other drawings, and then click OK. Now you can create references to the data shortcuts in other drawings.
How do I create a pipe network shortcut?
To create a reference to a data shortcut pipe network
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, in Master View, ensure that the correct working folder is identified on the Data Shortcuts node.
- Expand the Data Shortcuts Pipe Networks collection, right-click the desired network, and then click Create Reference.