Once you have the desired models in Navisworks, go to File/Export/Autodesk DWF to run the export. As for the conversion to DWG or loading said DWF into AutoCAD, you’d be better off querying that in the AutoCAD discussions forums, as what I might recommend may not be the optimal approach.
While Navisworks files cannot be directly opened in AutoCAD for editing purposes, they can be attached as coordination models using the External References palette.
AutoCAD and its vertical applications, including Plant 3D, allow you to import a Navisworks model into a drawing, improving coordination between applications. You can import either an NWC or NWD file. From the current drawing, select the tool located on the ribbon, Insert tab, Reference panel. Click Attach.
Navisworks Simulate and Manage export to the following formats: DWF, DWFx, FBX, and KML (see image below). For additional file formats, utilize the originating software to export the files instead of Navisworks.
How do I open NWD file in AutoCAD 2020?
To Work With Coordination Models
- Click Insert tab Reference panel Attach. …
- In the Select Reference File dialog box, select the file type Navisworks files (*. …
- Select the file.
- Click Open.
- In the Attach Coordination Model dialog box, select a path type:
To open files in Autodesk Navisworks, you can either use a standard Open dialog box or drag and drop files directly into the Selection Tree window. Note: If the chosen file is a CAD or laser scan file, Autodesk Navisworks automatically uses an appropriate file reader to open it, provided this file format is supported.
How to bring Navisworks files into Revit
- Click Insert tab Link panel (Coordination Model).
- In the Coordination Model dialogue, click Add.
- Navigate to the target NWD or NWC file, select it, and click Open.
- Click OK.
What is the difference between DWG and DWF?
DWG is a proprietary, closed format used by Autodesk for its products. … DWF is a format developed by Autodesk to allow efficient sharing of design drawings with colleagues who do not have access to AutoCAD or other design software.
the NavisWorks FREEDOM can only open NWD files. See if the options for DWG are there. Import the options XML on the machine with the error.
- Open the Navisworks® Manage application on your computer.
- Open the model you are working with. Note: Make sure the model is associated with a project in Procore. …
- Click the Procore tab.
- Click Save NWD.
- Enter a title for the file that matches the title of the active (working federated) file.
- Click Save.
Convert Navisworks file to STEP. file?
- EXPORT FBX. …
- WITH FBX. …
- IMPORT (OPEN) FBX. …
- CLICK ON “OPEN FROM MY COMPUTER”
- SELECT TYPE OF FILE (FBX.)
- WAIT SOME TIME FOR IMPORT PROCEDURE, LATER CLICK “OPEN”
- IN FUSION 360, SELECT MESH TO BREP (MODIFY TAB)
To Draw a Line
- Click Viewpoint tab Save, Load & Playback panel Saved Viewpoints drop-down, and choose the viewpoint that you want to review.
- Click Review tab Redline panel Draw drop-down, and click Line .
- Click in the viewpoint at line start and end points.