Can I import SketchUp model into Revit?
Once you open your model in Sketchup you can simply go to File export 3D model IFC and then import the IFC model into Revit. Depending on the version of Revit you are using you can also import Sketchup files.
What 3D file types can be imported into Revit?
Revit supports the import of ACIS objects contained in DWG, DXF, DGN, and SAT files. You can incorporate a Trimble® SketchUp® design into a Revit project to provide a starting point for the building model. You can import 3D geometry from supported file formats and applications.
How do I export a 3D model in SketchUp?
Export a 3DS file
- Select File > Export > 3D Model. …
- Navigate to the location where you want to save your file.
- From the Export Type drop-down list, select 3DS File (*. …
- (Optional) By default, the 3DS file has the same name as your SketchUp model. …
- Click the Options button.
How do I convert Rhino to Revit?
Importing a Rhino model into Revit
- Click New (Family).
- In the New dialog, select Mass. rft, and click Open.
- Import the file containing the design, as follows: Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD). …
- Save the mass family.
- Load the mass family into the project and place the component, as follows:
How do I export from SketchUp to Rhino?
This method can be done using the following simple steps:
- Export the model as a DWG file from SketchUp.
- Import the DWG file into Rhino. …
- Use the meshtonurb and mergeallfaces commands in the command line on the models to ensure they transfer well.
What can you import into Revit?
You can import data from other CAD programs into a Revit model. Supported CAD formats include AutoCAD (DWG and DXF), MicroStation® (DGN), Trimble® SketchUp® (SKP and DWG), SAT, and 3DM (Rhinoceros®). When you import a file, the format of the imported file may support varying qualities of geometry.
How do I import a DXF file into Revit?
To Import DXF, OBJ, STL, Revit, DWF, and IDF Files
- To import to a new file select: File Open Import CAD Formats. Get Started tab Launch panel Import CAD Formats.
- To import into a part file select: Manage tab Insert panel Import. …
- To import into an assembly, select Assemble tab Component panel Place Imported CAD.
Can you convert solidworks to Revit?
Export the Solidworks file to IFC and then import the file into Revit. Export the Solidworks file to a STEP file and then import it into AutoCAD. Export the file from AutoCAD as 3D DWG and then import into Revit.
How do I import a 3D model into SketchUp?
Follow these steps:
- Open the model into which you want to import a SketchUp file.
- Select File > Import.
- In the Open dialog box that appears, navigate to the SketchUp file. …
- Select the SketchUp file, and click Open. …
- Click in the drawing area to place the component in your model.
What 3D files can SketchUp import?
- Your SketchUp Pro subscription comes with professional-level interoperability. …
- SketchUp Export: SKP, 3DS, DAE, DWG, DXF, FBX, IFC, OBJ, KMZ, STL, WRL, XSI, JPG, PNG, TIF, PDF (Mac Only ), EPS.
- LayOut Import: SKP, BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPG, PNG, TIF, TIFF, RTF, TXT, DWG, DXF, CSV, TSV, XLSX.
How do you import a 3D object?
To import a 3D model object into Echoview and add it to a scene:
- On the File menu, click Import.
- In the Files of type list, click 3D model formats.
- Select the . obj file to import and click Open.
- Complete Import 3D Model dialog box and click Import.
- Add the imported 3D model object to a scene.