How do you change mesh size in Solidworks?
To change mesh settings:
- Click Change settings.
- Click Change mesh density. …
- Click OK to close the dialog.
- In the Mesh PropertyManager, adjust the mesh by dragging the slider. …
- Click to remesh the model.
- Click Next.
- Click Run Simulation.
- Click Stop animation or Play animation .
How do you edit a mesh body in Solidworks?
To edit meshes:
- Do one of the following: Click Mesh Edit scanTo3D toolbar). Click Tools > ScanTo3D > Mesh Edit. Right-click the mesh feature in the FeatureManager design tree and select Mesh Edit.
- In the PropertyManager: Select a Manipulation Method. Set the options. …
- Click .
How do you decimate mesh in Solidworks?
The Decimate Mesh Body tool is easy to use, simply select the body and then choose what definition to reduce the model by. Either percentage reduction in number of facets (in this case 50%), or using Maximum error tolerance which will compare the resulting mesh to the original body.
How do you reduce facets in Solidworks?
In the PropertyManager: Under Facet Reduction, for Percentage Reduced By , enter 80 . When you enter a percentage value, the tool automatically calculates the number of facets that the graphics mesh body is reduced to in Reduced Facet Count .
How do you control a mesh in Solidworks?
To apply mesh control to multiple components:
- In the Simulation study tree, right-click the Mesh icon and select Apply Mesh Control. …
- Click the FeatureManager design tree tab .
- In the FeatureManager flyout, select the components to which you want to apply mesh control. …
- Under Selected Entities, select Use per part size.
How do I fix mesh in Solidworks?
The first step is to check to see if there are multiple bodies in the study. If so, apply a finer mesh control on each of the bodies that are failing. A finer mesh can often resolve mesh failures by decreasing the size of elements on small features or thin model geometry.
Can you edit STL in Solidworks?
Using SOLIDWORKS 2020, you can now directly add or remove features just as you would on a solid body model. …
How do I edit a large STL file?
How to edit large STL files in Fusion 360 ?
- Start a new empty model (project) and invoke the command INSERT > Insert Mesh to import a STL or OBJ file.
- In Options (the gear icon, bottom-right), choose “Do not capture design history”.
- Use the command MODIFY > Mesh > Mesh to BRep.