How do I copy a detail group from one Revit file to another?
Go to the file you want to copy from, highlight the objects to copy and type “Ctrl-C” (that is, hold down the Ctrl key and type “C”). Then open the file you want to paste that element into and type “Ctrl-V.”
How do you copy a group model in Revit?
Use one of the following methods to duplicate a group type:
- In the Project Browser, right-click the group name, and click Duplicate. The new group displays in the Project Browser. …
- Select the group in the drawing area, and on the Properties palette, click (Edit Type). In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate.
How do I load a family in Revit 2020?
- Click Insert tab Load from Library panel (Load Family).
- In the Load Family dialog, double-click the category of the family that you want to load.
- Preview any of the families (RFA) in the category: To preview a single family, select it from the list. …
- Select the family that you want to load, and click Open.
How do I import levels into Revit?
Open an existing project or start a new project. You will copy levels from a Revit model to this project. Prepare a view: Open an elevation view.
Copy the levels for monitoring:
- Click Copy/Monitor tab Tools panel (Copy).
- In the linked model, select the levels to copy. …
- Click Copy/Monitor tab Copy/Monitor panel (Finish).
Can you copy paste from one Revit model to another?
Elements from linked Revit models can be copied to the clipboard and then pasted into the host model. … Press Tab until the element to copy is highlighted, and click to select it. Click Modify | RVT Links tab Clipboard panel (Copy to Clipboard). Navigate to the position in the project where you want to paste the element.
How do you fix a group in Revit?
Follow these steps to repair an affected project file and group:
- Select an instance of an affected group.
- Click “Ungroup” (this removes the legend component permanently.)
- Then select all the geometry again (to make sure the legend component is not still in the selection set) > click Create Group.
- Assign a new name.
How do you select a group in Revit?
(In the Revit Add-Ins ribbon tab, click the External Tools drop-down list, and then Lab1PlaceGroup to start executing your plug-in’s command.) Move the cursor over Room1. Irrespective of the geometry being hovered over, only the furniture group should be highlighted. Click to select the furniture group.
How do I edit a group in Revit?
To edit groups in Revit you can do the following:
- Select the Group which you would like to edit.
- In the Modify | Model Groups tab which appears, select Edit Group.
Why can’t I load a family in Revit?
Causes: A command other than Load Family (such as Component) was used to insert the family. The selected family did not match the category of the command (for example a Window or Door family was selected when using the Component command).
How do I add a family door in Revit?
To load a family from a library, click the Insert tab and then click Load Family. In the Load Family dialog, navigate to a location where the family files are stored, select the families you want to load, and then click Open.
Where are my Revit families?
When trying to access Revit family files, you may encounter a problem locating the files. Issue: By default, family files are typically stored in a location like the following: C:ProgramDataAutodesk<product> <release>Libraries.
How do I add a group model?
Click Modify | Model Groups tab Group panel (Attached Detail Groups).
- On the ribbon, click (Place Model Group). …
- In the Type Selector, select the model group type to place.
- Click in the drawing area to place the group.
How do I make a group unique in Revit?
Since you want to make two of the clearstory elements unique, press and hold the SHIFT key, and then select the next clearstory. Then, right-click to display a context menu, and choose Make Unique. Alternatively, you could simply select the group and then use the keyboard shortcut M, U.
How do I get out of Edit group in Revit?
Locate the “Group Edit” or “Assembly Edit” panel and drag it back to the Revit ribbon: If it can’t be found after minimizing all windows, try using the Windows Key + D shortcut to show the desktop. This sometimes brings up floating dialogs into the view.