What is wrap feature in SOLIDWORKS?
The SOLIDWORKS Wrap feature allows you to remove or add material to a part by projecting a sketch around a surface.
What is wrap feature?
The wrap feature in SOLIDWORKS is great if you are trying to project a sketch without any distortion around a surface and cut or add material to that part. It supports any face which is planar, cylindrical, conical, extruded, or revolved.
Where is wrap in SOLIDWORKS?
Click Wrap (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Wrap. In the graphics area, select the SOLIDWORKS sketch.
What is wrapping tool?
About tool wrapping
The process of describing a command line tool in CWL so that it can be run as an app or used in a workflow with other tools and apps is known as wrapping. The tool editor is used to wrap tools.
What is pull direction in wrap SolidWorks?
For a line or linear edge, the pull direction is the direction of the selected entity. For a plane, the pull direction is normal to the plane. Pull direction – Plane A. Pull direction – Plane B. To wrap the sketch normal to the sketch plane, leave Pull Direction blank.
Which one is the method to create a wrap feature?
The wrap can be created using an analytical method (for planar or non-planar faces) or a spline surface method (which wraps your sketch on to any face type). Within the wrap function, you can emboss, which applies raised features to a surface. You can also deboss, which indents features.
How do you bend an object in Solidworks?
To create a sketched bend feature:
- Sketch a line on a planar face of the sheet metal part. …
- Click Sketched Bend. …
- In the graphics area, select a face that does not move as a result of the bend for Fixed Face .
- Click a Bend position of Bend Centerline , Material Inside , Material Outside , or Bend Outside .
What is loft in SolidWorks?
The loft feature is an important tool for (surface) modeling in SolidWorks. The loft feature creates a shape by making transitions between multiple profiles and guide curves. This tool is very valuable for modeling complex surfaces. You can do some really cool stuff when you use this feature properly.
How do you use the boundary boss base in SolidWorks?
To open the Boundary PropertyManager, do one of the following:
- Click Boundary Boss/Base (Features toolbar) or Insert > Boss/Base > Boundary.
- Click Boundary Cut (Features toolbar) or Insert > Cut > Boundary.
- Click Boundary Surface (Surfaces toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Boundary Surface.
How do I create a sweep feature in SolidWorks?
To create a sweep: Sketch a closed, non-intersecting profile on a plane or a face.
Click one of the following:
- Swept Boss/Base on the Features toolbar or Insert > Boss/Base > Sweep.
- Swept Cut on the Features toolbar or Insert > Cut > Sweep.
- Swept Surface on the Surfaces toolbar or Insert > Surface > Sweep.