In the Hole Alignment PropertyManager, select components to check and set the maximum acceptable hole center deviation. To open the Hole Alignment PropertyManager: Click Hole Alignment (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Hole Alignment.
What is hole alignment?
Hole Alignment checks assemblies for misaligned holes. Hole Alignment is feature-based. Alignment is checked for Hole Wizard holes, simple holes, and cylindrical cut features. Hole Alignment does not recognize holes in derived or imported bodies, or multi-boundary extrudes.
How do you move a hole in Solidworks?
Just right click and select move. Once in the Move Face PropertyManager, you can offset, translate or rotate selected faces. This is a user-friendly feature with flexible parameters and easy-to-use editing options. For more tips and tricks on SOLIDWORKS, sign up for CAD training!
How do you center a part in Solidworks assembly?
In the PropertyManager, under Advanced Mates, click Profile Center . For Entities to Mate, select the edges or faces that you want to center-align. In the PropertyManager, you can optionally: Change the mate alignment by clicking Aligned or Anti-aligned .
How do I use the Hole tool in Solidworks?
To create and position a simple hole:
- Select a planar face on which to create the hole.
- Click Simple Hole (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Hole > Simple.
- In the PropertyManager, set the options.
- Click OK to create the simple hole.
How do I align a hole in a Solidworks assembly?
Click Hole Alignment (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Hole Alignment.
- Select items to highlight them in the graphics area.
- Expand items to list the individual holes involved in the misalignment.
- Right-click items and select Zoom to selection.
How do you align components in Solidworks?
Align Components PropertyManager
- Add the component by dragging it in the graphics area.
- Right-click the component and click Align Components.
How do you use the Hole Wizard in Solidworks 2018?
You can use the Hole Wizard to create customized holes of various types. To create hole wizard holes, create a part and select a surface, click Hole Wizard (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Hole > Wizard, set the PropertyManager options, and click .
How do you make an assembly feature in Solidworks?
You can create the following as assembly features: cuts, holes, fillets, chamfers, weld beads, and belt/chain features. To edit an assembly feature, right-click the assembly feature in the FeatureManager design tree, and select either Edit Sketch or Edit Feature.
How do you center a part in the origin in Solidworks?
In a sketch, click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Align Grid/Origin.
How do you repair plane parts in Solidworks?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration , All Configurations , or Specified Configurations .
How do I ground a part in Solidworks?
To define a ground plane:
- In an assembly, click Insert > Reference Geometry > Ground Plane.
- In the PropertyManager, in Ground Plane, select a face in the assembly.
- (Optional.) Click Reverse Direction , or click the handle in the graphics area.
- Click . Ground Plane appears in the FeatureManager design tree.
Where is simple hole in SolidWorks?
To create and position a simple hole: Select a planar face on which to create the hole. Click Simple Hole (Sheet Metal toolbar) or Insert > Features > Simple Hole.
How do you show a tapped hole in SolidWorks?
Click Hole Callout (Annotation toolbar), or click Insert > Annotations > Hole Callout. The pointer changes to . Click the edge of a hole, then click in the graphics area to place the hole callout. A Hole Callout is inserted and the Dimension PropertyManager appears.