To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel, mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
How do you fix a dimension in Solidworks?
To set a fixed length:
- Select the spline to dimension.
- Click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Smart Dimensions.
- Click anywhere on the spline to place the dimension and click. …
- Drag an endpoint of the spline.
How do you override a dimension in Solidworks?
Click Options (Standard toolbar) or Tools > Options. On the System Options tab, select Sketch. Select Override dimensions on Drag/Move and click OK.
How do you Foreshorten a dimension in Solidworks?
You can foreshorten (or clip) linear dimensions in any type of drawing view. To foreshorten linear dimensions: Right-click the side of the dimension to foreshorten and click Display Options > Foreshorten.
How do you stop a dimension from moving in Solidworks?
Go to Tools > Options > System Options > Drawings Uncheck Reduce spacing when dimensions are deleted or edited (add or change tolerances, text, etc.) If you prefer to leave that option checked, you can control the dimension spacing yourself.
How do you override dimensions in Draftsight?
Overriding DimensionStyle Variables
- Click Dimension > Override (or type OverrideDimensionStyle).
- Type the name of a DimensionStyle variable to override.
- Enter the new value.
- Continue entering DimensionStyle variables and values, and press Enter when done.
How do I change dimensions in Draftsight?
To modify Dimensions:
- Type EditDimension at the command prompt.
- Specify an option: Angle. Rotates the Dimension text of existing Dimensions. Specify the rotation angle. …
- Select the Dimension to update.
- Press Enter. The specified Dimensions are updated.
How do I fix dangling dimensions?
To set the color for dangling dimensions, click Tools > Options > System Options > Colors . Select Dimensions, Dangling in Color scheme settings. Click Edit, select a color, then click OK. Drag the dangling handle and reattach it to the correct sketch entity.
How do you replace a part in a Solidworks drawing?
Replacing Model in a Drawing View
- Click Replace Model. (Drawing toolbar) or Tools > Replace Model.
- In the PropertyManager, under Selected Views, select a drawing view.
- Under New Model, browse to select a part or an assembly file, and click Open.
- Double-part icon. …
- Click .
How do you extend a dimension line in Solidworks drawing?
Right-click a dimension line or extension line and select Hide Dimension Line or Hide Extension Line. To show hidden lines, right-click the dimension or a visible line and select Show Dimension Lines or Show Extension Lines. You can set individual extension lines to display as centerline style.
How do you dimension a diameter in a detail view in Solidworks?
Be sure that your model has the diameter dimension available to import. Once the dimension is imported into the Section View, expand the Detail View circle to see the entire diameter, then hold Shift and drag the dimension to the Detail View.
How do you add dimensions to detail view in Solidworks?
You can specify that dimensions marked for drawings be inserted automatically into new drawing views. Go to Tools > Options and in the Document Properties tab, click Detailing. Select Dimensions marked for drawing under Auto insert on view creation.