To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
How do I change driven dimensions in Solidworks?
Use the right-click menu Driven option to toggle between dimension driven and dimension driving.
How do I change driven dimensions?
Setting Multiple Dimensions to Driven
- In a sketch, select the dimensions.
- Right-click to display the shortcut menu.
- Under Dimension, click Driven.
What does a driven dimension in Solidworks do?
If you dimension a closed-profile sketch that would cause an over defined sketch, the dimension is automatically changed to driven.
How do you fix a dimension in Solidworks?
To set a fixed length:
- Select the spline to dimension.
- Click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Smart Dimensions.
- Click anywhere on the spline to place the dimension and click. …
- Drag an endpoint of the spline.
How do I change a smart dimension in Solidworks?
To change a dimension:
- Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears.
- Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box. …
- Choose from: …
- Use the buttons as follows:
What does make dimension driven mean?
Make This Dimension Driven. The over defined or unsolvable state is repaired. Leave This Dimension Driving. The sketch remains over defined or unsolvable. Look for other dimensions or relations that you can delete or change.
How do I edit driven dimensions in Inventor?
- Double-click the dimension you want to edit.
- Click the Dimension command in the Constrain panel and then click the dimension you want to edit.
How do I delete a dimension in Solidworks?
To remove a dimension from a drawing: Select a dimension and press Delete. Be careful not to delete any dimension that has a reference, such as one used in a note. Search ‘Deleting Dimensions’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do you make a driven dimension a global variable?
Linking Dimensions Using Global Variables
- Double click the dimension, then in the Modify dialog box, type = (equal sign). …
- Type a name for the global variable. …
- Click Create Global Variable .
- Click . …
- Toggle the display of the value and the name by clicking the Global Variable button .
What are driving dimensions?
The driving dimensions are the values that were directly input into BikeCAD. For example, head angle and seat angle can be directly specified through text fields in BikeCAD. The driven dimensions are calculated by BikeCAD. Driven dimensions will change as a result of changes to driving dimensions.
What is a driven dimension in Fusion 360?
“Driving” dimensions are dimensions that “drive” the shape or size of the sketch geometry based on the values inputted. Contrary, you can create “Driven” dimensions, which are dimensions used simply for reference purposes.
How do you reattach a dimension in Solidworks?
To reattach a dangling center mark: Right-click the dangling center mark and click Reattach. In the same drawing view, select the hole edge, fillet, or slot whose center mark you want to reattach to the center mark set. The center mark reattaches to the new selection and the connection lines update.