How do I enable equations in Solidworks?
Right-click the equation and click Enable Equation. The equation reappears in all views where it previously appeared. In Dimension View , you can enable and disable Global Variables and Features, but not Dimensions. Search ‘Disabling and Enabling Equations in All Configurations’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do I add an equation to a dimension in Solidworks 2020?
In the model, double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box for dimensions displays, showing the name of the dimension and the current value. In the second line of the Modify dialog box, enter = (equal sign). Then enter an equation in the same way as in the Equations dialog box.
What are solidworks equations?
Define dimensions using global variables and mathematical functions, and create mathematical relationships between two or more dimensions in parts and assemblies.
How do you change equations in Solidworks?
To edit an equation:
- Do one of the following: Click Equations (Tools toolbar). …
- Select the Equation View .
- Select an equation, global variable or dimension.
- Edit the entry. …
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
How do you create a curved equation driven in Solidworks?
To create an equation driven curve: On the Sketch toolbar, click the Spline flyout, and then select Equation Driven Curve or click Tools > Sketch Entities > Equation Driven Curve . Under Equation Type, select Explicit or Parametric. 3D sketches support parametric equations only.
How do I create a global variable in Solidworks?
Linking Dimensions Using Global Variables
- Double click the dimension, then in the Modify dialog box, type = (equal sign). …
- Type a name for the global variable. …
- Click Create Global Variable .
- Click . …
- Toggle the display of the value and the name by clicking the Global Variable button .
How do you insert an equation in Solidworks sketch?
Adding a Sketch Equation
- Click Equations (Tools toolbar).
- Click Tools > Equations.
- Right-click the Equations folder in the FeatureManager design tree, and select Manage Equations.
How do you insert a formula in Solidworks 2019?
To add an equation in the Sketch Equation View:
- In an open sketch, do one of the following: …
- Select the Sketch Equation View .
- Under Sketch Equations, click an empty cell in the Name column.
- Click a dimension in the graphics area. …
- After = (equal sign), add a term to the equation by doing one of the following:
How do you create a parameter in Solidworks?
In the Modify Configurations dialog box, you can add, delete, and unconfigure parameters and edit parameter values. To configure additional parameters from the same feature, click in the feature’s column header, select parameters from the list, and click in a blank area of the dialog box.
How do I create a driven dimension in Solidworks?
Inserting Driven Dimensions
- Click a sketch tool.
- In the graphics area, right-click and click Sketch Numeric Input .
- In the graphics area, right-click and click Sketch Dimension Driven .
- In the graphics area, right-click and click Add Dimension .
- Sketch an entity.
How do you do parametric equations in Solidworks?
On the Sketch toolbar, click the Spline flyout, and then select Equation Driven Curve or click Tools > Sketch Entities > Equation Driven Curve . Under Equation Type, select Explicit or Parametric. 3D sketches support parametric equations only.
How do I make two dimensions the same in Solidworks?
Double click the dimension, then in the Modify dialog box, type = (equal sign). You must enter the equal sign to assign a global variable to the dimension. If you do not enter the equal sign, you can create a new global variable, but it will not be assigned to the dimension.
How do you modify an equation?
So let’s review:
- RULE #1: you can add, subtract, multiply and divide by anything, as long as you do the same thing to both sides of the equals sign. …
- RULE #2: to move or cancel a quantity or variable on one side of the equation, perform the “opposite” operation with it on both sides of the equation.
How do configurations work in Solidworks?
To create a configuration, you specify a name and properties, then you modify the model to create the design variations you want. In part documents, configurations allow you to create families of parts with different dimensions, features, and properties, including custom properties.
How do you make a dimension basic in Solidworks drawing?
To create basic size dimensions:
- In a part, click Basic Size Dimension (MBD Dimension toolbar) or Tools > MBD Dimension > Basic Size Dimension.
- Select entities in the graphics area.
- Place the dimension.
- In the PropertyManager, set options.
- Click .