Can you trim a surface?
To trim a surface: Create two or more surfaces that intersect at one or more points, or create a surface that intersects with a plane or has a sketch on its face.
|Example Using Standard Trim Type|
|Sketch used for Trim tool||Pieces to Keep with Natural selected in Surface Split Options||Trimmed surface|
How do I extract a surface from a solid in Autocad?
To Extract Curves from Surfaces, Solids, and Faces of Solids
- Click Surface tab Curves panel Extract Isolines. Find.
- Select a surface, solid, or face.
- Click to extract an isoline curve represented by the preview line. …
- If necessary, enter D the direction in which the curves are detected. …
- Press Enter to end the command.
How do you curve a surface in AutoCAD?
Create a curve on a surface
- Click the New Curve-on-surface icon, or choose Curves > New Curve on Surface from the tool palette.
- Click the surface on which you will draw the new curve-on-surface.
- Click to place the points of the new curve. …
- Use + Z or Edit > Undo to remove the last point.
How do you draw a curved surface in AutoCAD?
To Create a Surface by Pressing or Pulling an Open Curve
- Click Modeling tab > Solid panel > Presspull.
- Click an edge of 3D object, an open 2D curve (spline, arc, line, or polyline). …
- Set the height of the new surface using one of these methods:
How do I cut a curve in AutoCAD?
Slice a 3D Solid or Surface With a Planar Object
- Click Home tab Solid Editing panel Slice. …
- Select the 3D solid or surface objects to slice. …
- At the Command prompt, enter o (Object). …
- Select a circle, ellipse, arc, 2D spline, or 2D polyline to use as the cutting plane.
How do you scale in AutoCAD?
How to scale up in AutoCAD – Window select the object(s), type SCALE, and then specify a number larger than 1. Hit Enter. The size of the object(s) will SCALE UP by that scale factor.
Why trim is not working in AutoCAD?
Check if the PICKADD variable is set to 2. If not you should set it to 2. Pre-select the elements and then call the TRIM command. Enter TRIM Command once in the command line and then hit enter again before using the TRIM.