How do I open the Save dialog box in AutoCAD?
- Enter FILEDIA in the command line. Press Enter.
- Enter 1 in the command line. Press Enter.
Where is the dialog box in AutoCAD?
To access the Find dialog box, in a standard file selection dialog box, click Tools menu Find.
How do I save as option in AutoCAD?
Saving in AutoCAD File Format (DWG/DXF)
- On [File] menu, click [Export] – [Export to DXF File] / [Export to DWG File]. [Export] dialog box will be displayed.
- Select a saving location.
- Enter a file name in [File Name] box.
- Click [Save] button. The drawing created in RootPro CAD will be saved as an AutoCAD drawing file.
Why is my save as not working in AutoCAD?
It sounds as if your dialog boxes have been switched off. At the command line type in FILEDIA and make sure it is 1. If you think the dialog is being suppressed, type in FILEDIA and set it to 1.
How do I get a dialog box on my screen?
- Execute the command to activate the dialog window.
- Press ALT-SPACEBAR on the keyboard.
- Press the M key and tap an arrow key.
- Move the mouse to bring the window into view.
- Click the left mouse button to cancel the operation.
How do I change the default save location in AutoCAD?
Do the following:
- Right-click the AutoCAD shortcut icon located on the desktop and click Properties. …
- In the Start in field, enter the desired folder path (example: C:Drawings).
- Launch AutoCAD.
- Type REMEMBERFOLDERS in the command line.
- Enter 0 to turn it off.
How do you find the missing dialog box?
Here is how to fix it:
- After accessing the tool/command to open a dialog box/window, press [Alt]+[Spacebar], then press M, then press any arrow key on your keyboard. This will “stick” the dialog box/window to your cursor.
- Move the mouse around until the dialog box/window is placed where you want it located.
How do I open Save As dialog box?
Answer: Press F12 to display the Save as dialog box.
Where can be ViewCube be found on the screen?
The ViewCube can be found in the upper right hand corner of the screen and you’ll notice as you hover your mouse closer to it, the navigation tools, along with the ViewCube, become brighter or more enabled.
What is the keyboard shortcut for saving AutoCAD drawing?
|Ctrl+P||Plot dialog box|
|Ctrl+Tab||Switch to next|
How do I enable command line in AutoCAD?
Use the shortcut CTRL+9 (CMD+3 in AutoCAD for Mac) to toggle on the command line. Type in the COMMANDLINE command. It may be necessary to enable Dynamic Input to do this see How to enable or disable dynamic input in AutoCAD: Right-click on either Dynamic input or Object Snap in the Status Bar and select Settings.