How do you override a dimension in Solidworks?
Click Options (Standard toolbar) or Tools > Options. On the System Options tab, select Sketch. Select Override dimensions on Drag/Move and click OK.
How do you fix a dimension in Solidworks?
To set a fixed length:
- Select the spline to dimension.
- Click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Smart Dimensions.
- Click anywhere on the spline to place the dimension and click. …
- Drag an endpoint of the spline.
How do I edit an ordinate dimension in Solidworks?
To add more dimensions along the same ordinate:
- Right-click an ordinate dimension, and select Add To Ordinate.
- Click the edges, or vertices, or arcs you want to dimension using the same ordinate. …
- Select another mode or another tool or press Esc to exit from the ordinate mode.
How do I change dimension parameters in Solidworks?
In the graphics area, right-click a dimension and select Configure Dimension. In the Modify Configurations dialog box, edit the value of the dimension for the configurations you want to change.
How do I change units in Solidworks 2019?
To set units options:
- Click Simulation > Options. …
- Under Unit system, select SI (International System of Units), English (U.S. Customary Unit System), or Metric (gravitational system of units).
- Under Units, select the desired units for Length/Displacement, Temperature, Angular velocity, and Pressure/Stress.
- Click OK.
How do I change the height of a part in Solidworks?
In a part document, click Scale (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Scale . Set options in the PropertyManager. The geometry of the model increases or decreases in size according to the scaling factors and other options you set. The Scale feature scales only the geometry of the model.
How do you mark a dimension in Solidworks?
You can specify that dimensions marked for drawings be inserted automatically into new drawing views. Go to Tools > Options and in the Document Properties tab, click Detailing. Select Dimensions marked for drawing under Auto insert on view creation.
How do you reattach a dimension in Solidworks?
To reattach a dangling center mark: Right-click the dangling center mark and click Reattach. In the same drawing view, select the hole edge, fillet, or slot whose center mark you want to reattach to the center mark set. The center mark reattaches to the new selection and the connection lines update.
What is an ordinate dimension?
Ordinate dimensions are a set of dimensions measured from a zero ordinate in a drawing or sketch. In drawings, they are reference dimensions and you cannot change their values or use the values to drive the model. Ordinate dimensions are measured from the axis you select first.
Can ordinate dimensions be basic?
Their tolerance zones are specified using a position tolerance frame, so the dimensions themselves are basic. I have left the origins (sometimes called the base) of the ordinate dimensions as plain numbers, without a rectangle around them.
How do I edit a smart dimension in Solidworks?
To change a dimension:
- Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears.
- Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box. …
- Choose from: …
- Use the buttons as follows:
How do you change dimension to MM in Solidworks?
Changing the Units in the Default Options
There is only one way to get to the SOLIDWORKS Simulation Default Options; click Simulation>Options>Default Options>Units. From here choose between the SI, English, and Metric unit types.
How do you change multiple dimensions in Solidworks?
You can also set multiple dimensions to driven in the Dimension PropertyManager by clicking the Other tab, expanding Options, and selecting Driven. Search ‘Setting Multiple Dimensions to Driven’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.