How do I change an external reference in Solidworks?
Locking and Breaking External References
- In the FeatureManager design tree: For an individual item, right-click the feature, component, body, or part. …
- Click External References. …
- To modify external references, select the external references and click Break Selected, Lock Selected, or Unlock Selected. …
- Click OK.
How do I find a reference in Solidworks?
Lists files referenced by the active part, assembly, or drawing document.
Find References Dialog Box
- Click File > Find References.
- Click Copy files.
- Set options in the Pack and Go dialog box and click Save.
- Click Close.
How do you reference another sketch in Solidworks?
To derive a sketch from a sketch in the same part:
- Select the sketch from which you want to derive a new sketch.
- Hold the Ctrl key and click the face on which you want to place the new sketch.
- Click Insert, Derived Sketch. …
- Position the derived sketch by dragging and dimensioning it to the selected face. …
- Exit the Sketch.
How do I delete references in Solidworks?
Changing or Removing References
- Check out the parent file.
- On the Contains tab, click Custom References .
- In the Edit User-Defined File References dialog box, do one of the following: To remove a reference, clear Referenced. …
- Click OK.
- Check in the parent file.
What happened Solidworks Explorer?
SOLIDWORKS Explorer has been replaced by SOLIDWORKS File Utilities, which lets you rename, replace, copy, and move SOLIDWORKS files while maintaining file references. … It is also available from https://www.solidworks.com/sw/support/downloads.htm.
How do you auto define in Solidworks?
To fully define a sketch:
- Edit a sketch.
- Click Fully Define Sketch. (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Fully Define Sketch.
- Set the options for relations and dimensions in the Fully Define Sketch PropertyManager.
- Click .
What are external references in Solidworks?
An external reference is created when one document is dependent on another document for its solution. If the referenced document changes, the dependent document changes also. In an assembly, you can create an in-context feature on one component that references the geometry of another component.
How do I change the part path in Solidworks?
Edit the path or file name by using one of the following methods:
- Click a cell to change the name or path. Then, click a different cell. The text in the changed cell becomes green.
- Double-click a cell and select a file in the Open dialog box.
- Click Replace to find and replace text in selected cells.
How do I add a reference part in Solidworks?
To insert a part:
- With a part document open, click Insert Part (Features toolbar) or Insert > Part.
- Browse to a part document and click Open. …
- Under Transfer, select any combination of items from the inserted part to be included in the derived part.
How do you add reference geometry in Solidworks?
Left click insert → Reference Geometry to insert planes, axis, coordinate system, mate references, and points. Reference Geometry can also be found on the features toolbar. Left click on the pull down arrow and then left click on the desired tool.
Can you copy a sketch into another part in Solidworks?
You can copy an entire sketch and paste it on a face in the current part, or you can paste it into a different sketch, or into a part, assembly, or drawing document. … Click Edit > Copy or press Ctrl+C. Click in the sketch or document where you want to paste the center of the sketch. Click Edit > Paste or press Ctrl+V.