Is it possible to edit an STL file?
You can definitely edit and modify STL files, and it can be done using two different types of modeling software: CAD (Computer-Aided Design) Software. Mesh Editing Tools.
How can I edit STL files for free?
7 of the best free STL file editors
- MeshLab. MeshLab is a very complete free and open source program to edit your STL files. …
- SketchUp. SketchUp, which used to be called Google SketchUp, is a 3D modeling software that now belongs to the architectural company Trimble Buildings. …
- SculptGL. SculptGL is a free 3D sculpting tool.
How do I delete part of an STL file?
The correct answer is: select the “Meshes” toolset, then a drop-down menu called “Meshes” will appear on top. There, select “Remove components by hand”, and highlight the parts you want to remove (can be severa). Then right click, and select “Delete selected faces” — and you are done!
What programs can open STL files?
Programs that open STL files
- Microsoft 3D Viewer.
- Microsoft Print 3D.
- IMSI TurboCAD Pro.
- GOM Inspect.
- ideaMK STL Viewer.
- Parametric Technology Creo.
- Dassault Systemes CATIA.
How do I edit a large STL file?
How to edit large STL files in Fusion 360 ?
- Start a new empty model (project) and invoke the command INSERT > Insert Mesh to import a STL or OBJ file.
- In Options (the gear icon, bottom-right), choose “Do not capture design history”.
- Use the command MODIFY > Mesh > Mesh to BRep.
How do I smooth a STL file?
- Use Netfabb (download available here: Netfabb downloads) to clean up your STL. …
- Open up Blender and import your STL by going to the menu bar and click File > Import > STL. ( …
- Open Edit Mode to display the polygons of the STL by pressing Tab. …
- Convert the triangles into quads by pressing Alt+J.
Can you cut an STL file?
Split Your Files with Plane Cut
If the model you want to print isn’t available in different parts, you can split the STL file yourself. This is possible with a common feature called plane cut, which is available in most popular CAD programs.
How do I create a STL file in Photoshop?
To do the latter, choose 3D →Export 3D Layer, and then choose one of these file formats: Collada DAE, Flash 3D, Google Earth 4 KMZ, STL, or OBJ. Be sure to save your file as a Photoshop (PSD) document to preserve all your 3D editing capabilities.
How do I delete part of a file?
deleting a “part file”
- Step 1: Browse to the location and try deleting it.
- Step 2: Run the Microsoft Fix it.
- Step 3: Try deleting from command prompt.
- For example: Like this: CD
- For example Like this: DEL filename /F /Q.
- The F means: Delete File even IF it’s reported as Read Only.
How do I delete part of a 3D model?
You can delete individual parts from a 3D model or delete the entire model. The part or model is not permanently deleted until you save the project. To delete models and parts: In the Palette, on the Objects tab in the Model tree, right-click a model or part and click Delete.
How do you delete part of a file in Linux?
How to Remove Files
- To delete a single file, use the rm or unlink command followed by the file name: unlink filename rm filename. …
- To delete multiple files at once, use the rm command followed by the file names separated by space. …
- Use the rm with the -i option to confirm each file before deleting it: rm -i filename(s)
Can windows open STL files?
How to open and view STL files in Windows 10. Multiple third-party applications are used to view 3D models including STL files in Windows 10. However, the good thing is that you can view STL files using the native applications in Windows 10 called 3D Viewer and Paint 3D.
How do I open STL files in Windows 10?
How do I open an STP file? You can open an STP file in a variety of CAD programs, including Autodesk Fusion 360 (cross-platform, FreeCAD (cross-platform), IMSI TurboCAD (Windows, Mac), and Dassault Systemes CATIA (Windows, Linux).