How do I import contours into Sketchup?
- In your CAD drawing, use the LAYISO command to isolate your contour layers. First, type LAYISO in the Command line. …
- Use the WBLOCK command to save the contour lines into into their own . …
- In SketchUp, open the File menu and select Import.
- Navigate to the location where you saved the contour lines drawing.
How do I export contour from Google Earth?
Click File | Export. Give the file a name, change the Save as type to KML Google Earth KML, and click Save. Click OK in the Export Options dialog and the KML file is created.
How do I download topography from Google Maps?
Click the red circle that says View and Download, type the location you’re looking for, and then click the search icon to search. Click the third icon at the top-left to toggle on the topographical map overlay. When you find a map you want, click the KMZ link to download it.
How do I import a KML file into SketchUp?
How to Import KML Files Into Google SketchUp
- Launch your Web browser and navigate to your preferred file hosting service. …
- Upload the KML files that you want to import into Google SketchUp. …
- Log in to your Google SketchUp account. …
- Click “Add KML Overlay” in the bottom left-hand corner of the Building Maker screen.
Can you get contours from Google Earth?
To get started, simply download usgs-contours-overlay-for-google-earth. … kmz (please log in first, see here why) and open it in Google Earth. Or checkout all 4 USGS The National Map map overlays on this site.
How do I extract elevation data from Google Earth?
Explore the slope, elevation, and distance along a path.
- Open Google Earth Pro.
- Draw a path or open an existing path.
- Click Edit. Show Elevation Profile.
- An elevation profile will appear in the the lower half of the 3D Viewer. If your elevation measurement reads “0,” make sure the terrain layer is turned on.
How do you get contour maps on Google Earth?
To get a selection of maps, including topo maps, you can use Google Earth Map Overlays. You will have to log in and then scroll down to ‘map-overlays-for-google-earth-combined.