Can you import a SketchUp file into Revit?
To use a SketchUp design in Revit Architecture, import a SKP file from SketchUp directly into Revit Architecture. As an alternative, you can use SketchUp to export a DWG file, and then import that DWG file into Revit Architecture.
Details: Uses Revit’s built-in DWG export feature.
- From the file menu, go to export > options > exports setups dwg/dxf. Click on the solids tab, and select ACIS solids.
- Hit OK, and return to the export menu > CAD formats > DWG. …
- Import the model into SketchUp Pro.
Can blender import SketchUp Models?
Importing to Blender
Go to “File”, “Import”, and then select “Collada (Default) (. dae)”. Browse the folders to find the exported file from SketchUp. Click twice on the file to import.
How do I export a 3D model from SketchUp to Revit?
Once you open your model in Sketchup you can simply go to File export 3D model IFC and then import the IFC model into Revit. Depending on the version of Revit you are using you can also import Sketchup files.
What files can I import into Revit?
Revit supports a wide range of industry standards and file formats, including:
- Revit native formats: RVT, RFA, RTE, RFT.
- CAD formats: DGN, DWF, DWG, DXF, IFC, SAT, and SKP.
- Image formats: BMP, PNG, JPG, JPEG, and TIF.
- Other formats: ODBC, HTML, TXT, and gbXML.
What is the difference between Revit and SketchUp?
Revit belongs to the family of BIM software. Sketchup, however, is a CAD software. … BIM software is used for design, infrastructure design, and documentation. Thanks to BIM software, you can visualize how your project will look like in real life, test different design solutions, and generate construction documentation.
How do I import a SketchUp model into Google Earth?
Select Window > Model Info, select the Geo-location option in the sidebar on the left, click Set Manual Location, and enter a latitude and longitude in the dialog box that appears. When you geolocate your model, you ensure your model appears in the correct location in Google Earth.
How do I export materials in Revit?
Click the Manage Ribbon Tab. Select the Transfer Project Standards command on the Settings Ribbon Panel. Check the box for Materials. Click OK.
How do I import SketchUp into Revit 2018?
Import SketchUp Files
- Create a family in the Family Editor. …
- Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD).
- In the Import CAD Formats dialog, navigate to the folder that contains the SKP file.
- For Files of Type, select the SKP file type.
- Select the file to import.
- Specify the desired import settings. …
- Click Open.
How do you clip in Revit?
Example: 2D views
- Open the desired view.
- On the Properties palette, locate the Far Clipping parameter. …
- Click the button in the value column. …
- In the Far Clipping dialog, select an option, and click OK.
- Enter a value for Far Clip Offset to specify where the view will be clipped when the Far Clipping property is active.
How do you make a cut line in Revit?
Open a plan view. Click View tab Graphics panel (Visibility/Graphics). Under Override Host Layers, select Cut Line Styles, and click Edit. In the Host Layer Line Styles dialog, assign line weights, line colors, and line patterns to host layers, as desired.
Which is better SketchUp or blender?
Blender can be a little bit more difficult to use, as you have to know exactly what you want to create while starting your project. SketchUp is more adapted to large or medium companies, while Blender is actually great for small teams or freelancers.
What programs can open SketchUp files?
How do I open an SKP file? You can open an SKP file in Trimble SketchUp (Windows, Mac) or Trimble SketchUp Viewer (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android). SketchUp allows you to view and edit the model an SKP file contains, while SketchUp Viewer only allows you to view the model.