How do I reduce the size of a Revit file?
Looking for a way to reduce the file size of your Revit project file (. rvt)? The trick is to use the File–>Save As button. In the Options there is a checkbox called “Compact File”.
Why is Revit file so big?
Every BIM manager needs to monitor this statistic for every Revit file they manage. If a file grows too large it either means that something is going wrong on the project, or it means that something is about to go wrong.
How do I manage a large file in Revit?
Identify where the file size is coming from
- Purge unused families.
- Remove all linked files.
- Remove all sheets.
- Remove all views (except for one).
- Remove all in-place families.
- Remove the loaded families (except where one instance must remain in the model) and purge unused families again.
Can you downgrade Revit files?
You can export Plan Views to DWG which can then be imported into an older version of Revit. … It’s not a Revit model but it’s something that might save you some time re-doing the work. Export to IFC, again not ideal but IFC files can be imported by older version of Revit.
How do I reduce family size in Revit?
Autodesk Revit 2018 – Top Tips to Reduce Family File Size
- Use only native Autodesk Revit geometry (no SAT files sorry!)
- Keep voids to a minimum where possible.
- Practice good family nesting (if geometry is used more than once, don’t array it, nest it)
- Check for duplication of geometry in nested families.
What does compacting a Revit file do?
The process of compacting rewrites the entire file and removes obsolete parts in order to save space. Because the Compact process takes more time than a normal save, it is strongly recommended that you only do this when workflow can be interrupted.
How do I clear unused Revit?
Choose the plus icon to expand the list of imported categories to review. Choose the Purged Unused tool from the Manage Panel in Revit. Review Imported Symbols in Families and check items that are NOT used that you would like to purge or delete. The Purge Unused tool in Revit works as a multi-step process.
How many gigs is Revit?
Autodesk Revit 2021 Product Line System Requirements and Recommendations
|Revit® 2021 Value: Balanced price and performance|
|Disk Space||30 GB free disk space|
|Media||Download or installation from DVD9 or USB key|
|Pointing Device||MS-Mouse or 3Dconnexion® compliant device|
|.NET Framework||.NET Framework Version 4.8 or later.|
How do I reduce the size of a FBX file in Revit?
On the Files tab of the Preferences dialog box, under File Handling, select the “Compress On Save” check box. Save this file to your drive with a name such as BB. max. This will compress the file size.
What are the system requirements for Revit?
Revit 2021 Minimum: Entry-Level Configuration
- Operating System: *64-bit Microsoft® Windows® 10.
- CPU Type: Single- or Multi-Core Intel®, Xeon®, or i-Series processor or AMD® equivalent with SSE2 technology. …
- Memory: 8 GB RAM.
- Video Display Resolutions:
- Video Adapter:
- Disk Space: 30 GB free disk space.
How do you split a model in Revit?
The sequence of this process is:
- Open the model to split. If it’s a central model, detach and save it.
- Open all worksets and reload all links.
- Create a 3D Control View per phase, and set their Discipline to “Coordination”.
- In each 3D Control View: