How do I add an object to a component in SketchUp?
Follow these steps:
- Open the model into which you want to import a SketchUp file.
- Select File > Import.
- In the Open dialog box that appears, navigate to the SketchUp file. …
- Select the SketchUp file, and click Open. …
- Click in the drawing area to place the component in your model.
What is making component SketchUp?
The organization of components in a SketchUp model greatly affects the speed at which your design and modeling work can progress. By definition, a Group is a single instance of a collection of geometry. A Component is a named collection of geometry that can exist at multiple locations within the model.
How do you make a live component in SketchUp?
You can configure Live Components inside SketchUp using any of the methods that would allow you to edit a normal component. This includes double clicking the component or using right-click-> Configure Live Component.
How do I make dynamic components in SketchUp?
To add attributes, follow these steps:
- Select the component you want to make dynamic.
- On the Dynamic Components toolbar, click the Component Attributes tool ( ) or select Window > Component Attributes. …
- Click the Add Attribute plus sign icon to see a list of options.
How do I edit a component in SketchUp?
Editing all instances of a component
To open the context, you can double-click the component. Or select it, context-click the selection, and choose Edit Component, or simply hit Enter. Use the SketchUp drawing tools to edit your component.
How do you make an object a component?
Follow these steps to create a component:
- Select the geometry you want to include in your component. …
- Choose Edit > Make Component from the menu bar, or context-click the selection and choose Make Component. …
- In the Definition box, type a meaningful name for your component.
How do you make something not a component in Sketchup?
Right click on the component without opening it for editing. Choose Make Unique to break it’s relationship to the others.
How do I extend a component in SketchUp?
Stretching or squishing geometry to scale
- With the Select tool ( ), select the geometry you want to scale. …
- Select the Scale tool ( ) or press the S key. …
- Click an edge or face grip (not a corner grip). …
- Move the cursor to scale the entity. …
- Click to set your selection’s new scale.
How do you animate objects in SketchUp?
Animating scenes in SketchUp
- Context-click the scene tab that you want to begin the animation and select Play Animation from the menu that appears.
- In the Scenes manager, select the scene that you want to begin the animation, and select View > Animation > Play from the menu bar.
How do you create layers in SketchUp?
Creating and deleting layers
- In the Layers panel, click the Add New Layer button (the plus sign). …
- Double-click the new layer’s name to open the name for editing or select it and press Enter, as shown in the following figure (as the panel appears in Mac OS X).
- Type a name for the layer and press Enter.