What is it you want to do? You can doubleclick on the hole feature and define the size and then place it multiple times or you can drag and drop a hole in the 3d space, remember to hit ctrl to get a copy.
How do you make threaded holes in Catia?
Creating Threaded Holes
- Click the Hole icon if you wish to create a hole in Part Design, or click the Hole icon to create a hole in Functional Molded Part.
- Select the face on which you wish to create the hole.
- In the Hole Definition dialog box that displays, define the hole shape and enter the parameters of your choice.
How do you move holes in Catia?
Move the hole on the surface according to your needs. Exit the Sketcher workbench. The hole is positioned according to your settings.
You can constrain the hole’s location when creating it.
- Select two edges on the wall and click Hole .
- Click the surface where you want to place the hole. …
- Click OK to create the Hole.
How do I create a part in Catia?
How to create this part in CATIA V5
- Step1- Open new part and go generative shape design. …
- Step2- Create a new plane with offset from XY plane with value 120mm.
- Step3- Create new sketch to Plane. …
- Step4- Create new sketch to YZ plane and project sketch.1(rectangle) and make projected line construction/reference element.
Why are drilled holes preferred over punched holes?
Drilling also results in more heat being applied to the material than that of hole punching or notching. Drilling is commonly used in a wide variety of applications.
How do I calculate hole to hole?
If the holes are the same size, measure from the same edge (left edge to left edge or right edge to right edge) of the holes. That will be the same distance as center-to-center. Use a trusted tape measure starting at 10″ (not at the end hook). Measure and subtract 10″.
How do I move multiple parts in Catia?
Select the resources or elements you want to move. You can do this by placing the mouse pointer on each one and clicking the left button while holding down the Ctrl key. Another way is to hold down the left mouse button and drag the mouse pointer.
How do I customize my Catia toolbar?
Select Tools > Customize or right-click any icon in any toolbar then select Customize to open the Customize dialog box: The dialog box contains the following tabs: Start Menu : customizes the Start menu and workbench access icons (as described in Accessing the Navigation Tools)
How do you make multiple planes in Catia?
Creating Multiple Points and Planes
- Click Point & Planes Repetition in the Repetitions toolbar.. …
- Select the First Point .
- Select the Curve . …
- Choose the side on which the points are to be created in relation to the initially selected point. …
- Select the repetition Parameters : Instances or Instances & spacing .