How do I open two sessions in Solidworks?
Start by opening a document that you want to work with. In this example, I’m working with a drawing file, but this works with parts and assemblies as well. Next, click on Window > New Window from the Standard toolbar. This will open the same document in a separate window.
Can I open 2 solidworks Windows?
If you have multiple displays, you can set the SolidWorks application window to span two displays. In the SolidWorks application, each part, assembly, and drawing is referred to as a document, and each document is displayed in a separate window. (Each drawing document can contain multiple drawing sheets, though.)
How do I join two parts in a Solidworks assembly?
To add bodies together:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add.
- For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. You can select bodies in the graphics area or the Solid Bodies. …
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .
How do I open a new window in Solidworks?
To open another view of the active document in a new window: Click New Window (Standard toolbar) or Window > New Window.
How do you tile in SOLIDWORKS?
When you Alt + click a Tile button, the document window and the SOLIDWORKS window are resized and repositioned. If multiple displays are connected, the SOLIDWORKS window spans two displays. If only one display is connected, the SOLIDWORKS window is maximized.
How do I view different views in SOLIDWORKS?
To do this, click the View Orientation command at the top of the work area. Notice the 5 icons along the bottom of the command window. The first icon is the Single View option. This shows a single view of the part and is the default view for SolidWorks.
How do I tile horizontally in SOLIDWORKS?
To tile the document windows:
- Click Tile Horizontally (Standard toolbar) or Window > Tile Horizontally to display the windows horizontally.
- Click Tile Vertically (Standard toolbar) or Window > Tile Vertically to display the windows vertically.
How do you join parts in Solidworks?
In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the new part name, select Rename Part, and rename the new part. Click Insert > Features > Join. Make selections and set options in the Join PropertyManager. Click to create the joined part.
Can you combine two assemblies in Solidworks?
In an assembly, you can join two or more parts to create a new part. The join operation removes surfaces that intrude into each other’s space, and merges the part bodies into a single solid volume.
How do I enable merge in Solidworks?
The Combine feature lives under Insert>Features>Combine. The common function allows you to add two bodies together, and keep the area that is common to them. To use this feature, we will select the common button, and then under Bodies to Combine, select the two bodies.
How do you Unfix a component in Solidworks assembly?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do you move parts in Solidworks?
Click Move Component (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Component > Move. The Move Component PropertyManager appears, and the pointer changes to . Select one or more components in the graphics area. Select a component and drag in any direction.