SOLIDWORKS File Utilities can be accessed by right-clicking on a SOLIDWORKS file in File Explorer. File Utilities can also be accessed from the search tab in the SOLIDWORKS task pane. To access this, select files and models in the search command found in the upper right corner of your screen.
How do I install utilities in Solidworks?
Installing SOLIDWORKS File Utilities
SOLIDWORKS File Utilities functionality installs by default when you install SOLIDWORKS. The Installation Manager controls this. If it is missing, review your installation settings (Control Panel > Programs and Features > SOLIDWORKS > Modify/Change) and add it back in.
What happened to solidworks explorer in 2021?
SOLIDWORKS Explorer has been replaced by SOLIDWORKS File Utilities, which lets you rename, replace, copy, and move SOLIDWORKS files while maintaining file references. You can install SOLIDWORKS File Utilities from the Installation Manager, the Administrative Image Options Editor, and its own installation wizard.
How do I get to Explorer in Solidworks?
To activate the SOLIDWORKS Explorer:
- From within the SOLIDWORKS application, click Tools > SOLIDWORKS Explorer.
- From the Windows Start menu, click All Programs > SOLIDWORKS version > SOLIDWORKS Explorer version .
- Create a shortcut by dragging the SOLIDWORKS Explorer icon to your desktop.
Where is Explorer 2020 solidworks?
SOLIDWORKS Explorer was replaced by SOLIDWORKS File Utilities in 2020 and can now be accessed quickly with a simple right click in Windows File Explorer.
What is Solidworks file utilities?
SOLIDWORKS File Utilities let you perform such tasks as renaming, replacing, and moving SOLIDWORKS files. Renames one or more selected documents and updates all the references. … Replace. Replaces a selected part or assembly document and updates its references.
What are solidworks utilities?
SOLIDWORKS Utilities is a set of tools that lets you examine in detail the geometry of a solid model, and make comparisons to other models. … Compares the properties of two SOLIDWORKS documents (including two configurations of the same model). You can compare two documents of the same type, or of different types.
What is solidworks treehouse?
SOLIDWORKS Treehouse is a standalone application designed to build and manage assembly structures before you even start modeling in SOLIDWORKS.
How do I install Solidworks Installation Manager?
Now you can download the SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager to get started with the installation process:
- Select the Download link in the page and a zip file will download from the SOLIDWORKS web site. …
- After the SolidWorksSeup.exe zip file has completed downloading run the SolidWorksSeup.exe file from your local machine.
What are file utilities?
A File Management Utility is a computer program that provides a user with a graphical interface in which he/she can organize files and folders on a computer’s storage device.
What is solidworks electrical?
SOLIDWORKS Electrical is a systems-level electrical design package that allows you to design electrical schematics quickly and accurately with customizable design tools. … SOLIDWORKS Electrical is the only schematic design package that can be linked to the 3D SOLIDWORKS mechanical environment.
What is 3DEXPERIENCE marketplace for Solidworks?
The 3DEXPERIENCE® Marketplace encompasses the full product innovation process enabling rapid ideation, design and ownership. Collaborate with qualified industrial suppliers across a range of services throughout your process.
How do you explode an assembly in Solidworks?
To create an exploded view:
- Do one of the following options: Click Exploded View . …
- Select one or more components to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a translation or rotation handle to move selected components.
- Modify explode options: …
- Click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as required, and click .
Where is a part used in Solidworks?
To find where a document is used:
- Select the document in the File Explorer tab in the left pane.
- Select the Where Used tab in right pane. Information about referenced documents appears in the following columns: Document. Lists the document names. Full path. Size. Type.
What is solidworks composer?
SOLIDWORKS® Composer allows you to quickly create 2D and 3D graphical content to clearly explain and present your product or process. The tools let you work directly from 3D CAD data to create high-quality illustrations, photorealistic images, and interactive animations, and to import design data.
How do I restore a solidworks Shortcut Key in Windows Explorer?
To restore file associations for 2020 SP03 or newer:
- 1) Right-click on the SolidWorks application and choose “Run as Administrator”
- 2) Once open, go to System Options>General and click on the large “Restore File Associations” button.
- 3) Once you have done that, open Window’s Explorer and choose a SolidWorks part file.