How do you scale a drawing in Revit?
Do one of the following:
- Select the elements to scale, and click Modify |
tab Modify panel (Scale).
- Click Modify tab Modify panel (Scale), select the elements to scale, and then press Enter .
How do I convert AutoCAD to Revit?
Import a CAD File
- Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD).
- In the dialog, for Files of type, select the desired file type.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the file to import, and select the file. …
- Specify options. …
- Click Open.
How do you crop an AutoCAD drawing in Revit?
Right-click the AutoCAD drawing and click Crop Tool. until only the portion of the drawing, picture, or object that you want is visible.
What format can Revit import from AutoCAD as a template for a building model?
You can import data from other CAD programs into a Revit model. Supported CAD formats include AutoCAD (DWG and DXF), MicroStation® (DGN), Trimble® SketchUp® (SKP and DWG), SAT, and 3DM (Rhinoceros®). When you import a file, the format of the imported file may support varying qualities of geometry.
How do you scale a survey in AutoCAD?
With a calculator, divide the intended length by the measured length. Enter the SCALE (Command). Select a base point, such as 0,0,0. Enter the obtained scale factor to adjust all objects in the drawing model to their correct size.
How do you scale a drawing?
To scale a drawing by hand, start by measuring the width and height of the object you’ll be scaling. Next, choose a ratio to resize your drawing, such as 2 to 1 to double the image in size. Then, multiply your measurements by the first number in your ratio to increase the size.
How do you change the scale of a drawing?
- Go to the page that you want to change the drawing scale on, and select Design.
- In the Page Setup group, select the More arrow. …
- Select Drawing Scale.
- Select Pre-defined scale, and choose the pre-defined scale you want.
- Select a scale ratio if you’d like, or select Custom Scale and enter your own values.
Can you crop an imported CAD file in Revit?
Imports a CAD drawing into the active Revit view only. … If the option is not selected, only lines and geometry are imported, and the import behaves like model geometry: it can be cropped by the crop region of the view.
How do you trim a map in AutoCAD?
To Trim Objects at a Boundary
- Open a drawing and attach the maps you want.
- Define and execute a query to retrieve the objects to trim.
- Click Tools tab Map Edit panel Boundary Trim. …
- In the Trim Objects At Boundary dialog box, under Boundary, select how to specify the boundary.
How do you cut in AutoCAD?
The easiest way to trim objects in AutoCAD 2016 is to use the “Trim” command located on the Modify panel.
- First, select the objects you want to trim. …
- Right click on the blank space to finalize the selection.
- Left click on the lines to trim them.