Open the sheet on which you want to place the legend view. In the Project Browser, expand Legends, click the name of the legend view, drag it into the drawing area, and click to place it on the sheet. You can place a legend view on multiple sheets.
How do I copy a legend from one sheet to another in Revit?
You can copy a legend view from one sheet view and paste it to another sheet view.
- Select a legend view and copy it to the clipboard.
- Click Modify tab Clipboard panel Paste drop-down, and select one of the following options: Paste from Clipboard: Manually place the legend view onto another sheet view.
How do you add a legend in Revit?
Create a Legend
- Click View tab Create panel Legends drop-down (Legend).
- In the New Legend View dialog, enter a name for the legend view and select the view scale.
- Click OK. …
- Add the desired element symbols to the view using any of the following methods: …
- Click Annotate tab Text panel (Text).
How do I export a legend in Revit?
Transfer Legend Views between Projects
- Save to Project as Image (just right-click on the Legend View in the Project Browser – you will probably have to open or activate the view before this command will ungray itself)
- Export the View as an Image.
- Export the View as a DWG.
Can legend views be added to multiple sheets?
So legend views are unique in the sense that they are the only kind of view in Revit that can be placed on more than one sheet at a time. So legend views are unique in the sense that they are the only kind of view in Revit that you can place on more than one view at the same time.
How do I copy a legend from one project to another?
Here is the process.
- Step 1 – Setup. Create a blank legend in the project you want to copy into. Name it appropriately. …
- Step 2 – Open BOTH Projects in the Same Revit session. Open the legend you want to copy FROM. Select all the elements from the legend and Copy to the clipboard (Ctrl+C or icon on the ribbon)
How do you add a symbol to a legend in Revit?
On the Annotate tab, select Legend Component to add a symbol to the legend view. On the Options Bar, select the family, and then select the view representation of the family you need. The Host Length sets how big the legend component will be.
Can you tag a legend component in Revit?
This application allows Autodesk® Revit® users to place a tag for Legend Component and keep the tag updated automatically. By using this app, Revit users can also input door & window information to door & window type parameter automatically such as: number of instances, level, sill height, room name.
How do you add a keynote legend in Revit?
Add a keynote legend to a view to provide details of keynotes assigned to elements or materials in the view. You can access the Keynote Legend tool by clicking View tab Create panel Legends drop-down (Keynote Legend). There are 2 parameters predefined in the Scheduled fields list: Key Value and Keynote Text.