How do you edit family text in Revit?
Note: Model text saved with a family and loaded into a project cannot be edited in the project view.
- In the drawing area, select the model text.
- Click Modify | Generic Models tab Text panel Edit Text.
- In the Edit Text dialog, change the text as desired.
- Click OK.
How do you add text in Revit?
Add Model Text
- Set the work plane where you want the text to display.
- Click (Model Text). Architecture tab Model panel (Model Text) …
- In the Edit Text dialog, enter the text, and click OK.
- Place the cursor in the drawing area. …
- Move the cursor to the desired location, and click to place the model text.
How do you create a new text type with different settings for a text family?
To create a type catalog, you create an external text file (TXT) that contains the parameters and parameter values that create the different types in a specific family. You place this file in the same location as the family file so that when you select to load the family, the type catalog displays.
How do you add a label to a family in Revit?
Create Annotation Labels
- Click File tab New Annotation Symbol or Title Block.
- In the displayed dialog, select the appropriate template for the family you are creating.
- In the Family Editor, click Create tab Text panel (Label).
- In the Type Selector, select the label type.
How do you create an annotation family in Revit?
Create an Annotation Symbol Family
- Click File tab New (Annotation Symbol).
- In the New Annotation Symbol dialog, select the Annotation Symbol template for the project, and click Open. …
- Click Create tab Properties panel (Family Category and Parameters).
How do you add text to a dimension in Revit?
- In the drawing area, select the dimension you want to edit.
- Double click on the dimension value. The Dimension Text dialog displays.
- In the Dimension Value field, select Use Actual Value.
- Enter the text you want to display in the Above, Below, Prefix and/or Suffix text fields. …
- Click OK.
How do you add leader text in Revit?
Add Leader Lines to a Text Note
- Select the text note.
- To add leaders, click Modify | Text Notes tab Format panel, and click the desired tool: …
- Click as many times as desired to place leaders. …
- To remove the leader line that you added most recently, click Modify | Text Notes tab Format panel (Remove Last Leader).
How do you make a text box transparent in Revit?
In the Type Properties window which should now be on screen, select the Text type from the drop down list or create a new one. Then under Graphics ►Background, click Opaque and switch it to Transparent.
How do you change text type in Revit?
On the Annotate tab, click on the Text tool. In the Type Properties dialog, click on the Edit Type button. Click on the Duplicate button and type the new font name. Change the Text Font property to the new font name to match the Type name.
How do you change the text level in Revit?
- In the Project Browser, expand the Families folder.
- Under the Annotation Symbols, find the name of the family that needs to be edited (e.g. Level Head – Circle).
- Right click the family, select “Edit” option.
- In this family file, click on the “Name” label.
- Select “Edit Type”.
How do you edit text in Revit?
To edit a text note, select the text note in the drawing area, and then the following options are available.
- Add a leader. Click Modify | Text Notes tab Leader panel, and select a leader style. …
- Move a leader. …
- Change the list type. …
- Move the note. …
- Resize the note. …
- Rotate it. …
- Change text alignment. …
- Change the typeface.