How do you make a ceiling?
Use the Ceiling tool to create a ceiling in a reflected ceiling plan view.
- Open a ceiling plan view.
- Click Architecture tab Build panel (Ceiling).
- In the Type Selector, select a ceiling type.
- Place a ceiling using one of the following methods: Use walls as ceiling boundaries.
What is a ceiling bulkhead?
A bulkhead is a section of ceiling that has been dropped and boxed-in or enclosed. It’s not uncommon to have bulkheads in your kitchen, bathroom or basement. … Bulkheads are typically used to conceal something. It could be plumbing pipes, electrical wires, duct work, or exhaust fans.
How do you join a ceiling and wall in Revit?
You can attach walls to in-place roofs or floors.
- In the drawing area, select one or more walls you want to attach to other elements.
- Click Modify | Walls tab Modify Wall panel Attach Top/Base.
- On the Options Bar, for Attach Wall, select either Top or Base.
- Select the elements to which the wall will attach.
How do you measure ceiling bulkhead?
Measure the length of where the bulkhead will be installed. If it is in a corridor, for example, it will be the distance from one side wall to the other. This measurement will give you the length of the 2-inch-by-4-inch board that will be nailed across the ceiling, which is referred to as the top plate.
What is a compound ceiling?
Compound ceilings are composed of layers with a material thickness defined to each layer.