How do you cut a void in Revit?
Open the Revit family with unattached voids and click Create tab Properties panel Family Category and Parameters. In the Family Category and Parameters dialog, select Cut With Voids when Loaded and click OK. Load the family into the project and place it. Click Modify tab Geometry panel Cut drop-down (Cut Geometry).
How do you cut a Geometry wall in Revit?
On the Modify ribbon, in the Geometry panel, click Cut Geometry. Revit prompts you to select the geometry to be cut. Click to select the wall. Then Revit prompts you to select the void geometry to cut.
What does cut with voids when loaded mean in Revit?
“Cut with Voids When Loaded: When selected, voids created in the family will cut through solids. The following categories can be cut by voids: ceilings, floors, generic models, roofs, structural columns, structural foundations, structural framing, and walls.”
How do I make a wall extrusion in Revit?
Create an Extrusion
- In the Family Editor, on the Create tab Forms panel, do one of the following: …
- Use the sketching tools to sketch the extrusion profile: …
- On the Properties palette, specify the extrusion properties: …
- Click Modify | Create Extrusion tab Mode panel (Finish Edit Mode). …
- To view the extrusion, open a 3D view.
How do you do a void extrusion in Revit?
Click in the drawing area, and draw a closed loop that intersects solid geometry. Select the closed loop. Click Modify | Lines tab Form panel Create Form drop-down (Void Form). A void form extrusion is created.
How do you make a void family in Revit?
Create a Void Family with an Elliptic Profile
- Create a new family using the Metric Generic Model face based. …
- Select the 3D Front view.
- Click Create tab Datum panel (Reference Plane).
- Place a new horizontal reference plane in the middle of the slab extrusion:
- Select the new reference plane.
- In the Properties palette:
How do you cut a curved wall in Revit?
Open the previous 3D view and select the Void Sweep, then click on ‘Cut’ in the Geometry panel. Make sure that you tick the ‘Multiple Cut’ check-box if you have multiple sections of the wall to be cut. To create the slope first select the Void Sweep and then select each section of wall to cut. And there you have it!
How do you cut a surface in Revit?
Click Modify tab Geometry panel (Cut). Select the solid form to be cut. Select the cutting solid form. The solids cut accordingly.