Click View tab Graphics panel (Visibility/Graphics). In the Visibility/Graphics dialog, click the Annotation Categories tab. Clear the check box for Section Boxes, and click OK to hide the section box extents in the view.
How do you edit a section box in Revit?
In Revit®, the ‘Section Box’ command is used to clip the viewable portion of a 3D view. You can activate it simply by checking the Section Box entry in Properties – Extents. After enabling the section box, you can modify its extents using ‘drag’ controls in the 3D view.
How do I edit a section box?
Open a 3D view. On the Properties palette, under Extents, select the Section Box option. Click OK. Select the section box and use the drag controls to modify the extents, as necessary.
What is a section box in Revit?
When used in a 2D view, the section box is applied to the default 3D view of the project. … Use a section box in your views to isolate geometry, to help you work in the view, or to present your projects.
How do you delete a section box?
When a section box is first displayed, the extents of the visible geometry are used to define the extents of the section box. Select the section box and use the grip controls to resize the extents. Right-click and select to hide the section box so it is no longer visible in the view.
How do I unhide a section box in Revit?
Right click on the view cube in any 3D view.
- Go to a 3D view.
- In the view properties tick the box for “Section box”
- This should reveal and activate the section box in the 3D view, if you can’t see it you may need to reveal hidden elements and unhide it.
- Using the grips on the section box resize and position it as required.
Why is scope box greyed out?
There are some situations where the Scope Box property of a view is greyed out – so you cannot assign a Scope Box to the view. The answer may be to do with the Crop Boundary – and it may not be obvious, especially if the crop boundary is hidden.
How do you create a scope box in Revit?
Create a Scope Box
- In a plan view, click View tab Create panel (Scope Box).
- On the Options Bar, enter a name and specify a height for the scope box, if desired. …
- To draw a scope box, click in the upper left-hand corner to start the box.
How do I create a section in Revit?
Create a Section View
- Open a plan, section, elevation, or detail view.
- Click View tab Create panel (Section).
- (Optional) In the Type Selector, select a view type from the list, or click Edit Type to modify an existing view type or create a new view type.