How do you make an assembly in Solidworks 2020?
To create a new drawing:
- Click New (Standard toolbar) or File > New.
- In the New SOLIDWORKS Document dialog box, select Drawing , then click OK.
- Select options for Sheet Format/Size, then click OK.
- In the Model View PropertyManager, select a model from Open documents or browse to a part or assembly file.
To change file references in a drawing view:
- Click Replace Model. (Drawing toolbar) or Tools > Replace Model.
- In the PropertyManager, under Selected Views, select a drawing view.
- Under New Model, browse to select a part or an assembly file, and click Open.
- Double-part icon. …
- Click .
How do I add a part to a drawing in Solidworks?
To insert a part:
- With a part document open, click Insert Part (Features toolbar) or Insert > Part.
- Browse to a part document and click Open. …
- Under Transfer, select any combination of items from the inserted part to be included in the derived part.
How do you make a 2D drawing in Solidworks?
How to make a 2D drawing in SOLIDWORKS
- If the part/assembly is open, select Make Drawing from Part/Assembly in the New flyout menu. …
- Select Drawing to use a default template.
- Click OK.
- Select a sheet size and format.
- Select a standard view orientation.
- Begin a SOLIDWORKS 2D drawing.
How do you make a reference drawing in Solidworks?
This is SOLIDWORKS 2020 new functionality! Just right-click on the sketch again and select ‘Make Reference Sketch’ and the sketch is back to its no edit state. This actually works with ANY SKETCH not just imported DWG & DXF files. Just right-click on any sketch and select ‘Make Reference Sketch’.
How do I change references in Solidworks assembly?
To edit the locations and names of referenced files:
- Click Open or File > Open.
- In the Open dialog box, click References. The Edit Referenced File Locations dialog box appears.
- Edit the path or filename using one of the following methods: …
- Click OK to make the changes and exit the dialog.
How do you reference another sketch in Solidworks?
To derive a sketch from a sketch in the same part:
- Select the sketch from which you want to derive a new sketch.
- Hold the Ctrl key and click the face on which you want to place the new sketch.
- Click Insert, Derived Sketch. …
- Position the derived sketch by dragging and dimensioning it to the selected face. …
- Exit the Sketch.
What is installation assembly drawing?
Installation drawings are developed from co-ordinated detail drawings and present the information needed by trades to install part of the works. This may be particularly important for complex installations such as plant rooms, data centres, ventilation systems, underfloor heating, and so on.
What is an assembly diagram?
When we refer to “assembly diagrams”, we are referring to annotated (labelled) pictures that explain in detail how we must assemble an item. It is vital to ensure that you know what each symbol in the assembly instructions mean. Some symbols you might see include: Scissors.