How do I import a site plan into Revit?
Import a CAD File
- Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD).
- In the dialog, for Files of type, select the desired file type.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the file to import, and select the file. …
- Specify options. …
- Click Open.
What can you import into Revit?
You can import data from other CAD programs into a Revit model. Supported CAD formats include AutoCAD (DWG and DXF), MicroStation® (DGN), Trimble® SketchUp® (SKP and DWG), SAT, and 3DM (Rhinoceros®). When you import a file, the format of the imported file may support varying qualities of geometry.
How do I import a family project into Revit?
Import Family Types
- In the Family Editor, click Insert tab Import panel (Import Family Types).
- In the Import Family Types dialog, navigate to the folder containing the family type file to import.
- Select the file, and click Open.
How do I import a DXF file into Revit?
To Import DXF, OBJ, STL, Revit, DWF, and IDF Files
- To import to a new file select: File Open Import CAD Formats. Get Started tab Launch panel Import CAD Formats.
- To import into a part file select: Manage tab Insert panel Import. …
- To import into an assembly, select Assemble tab Component panel Place Imported CAD.
What 3D files can I import into Revit?
Revit supports the import of ACIS objects contained in DWG, DXF, DGN, and SAT files. You can incorporate a Trimble® SketchUp® design into a Revit project to provide a starting point for the building model. You can import 3D geometry from supported file formats and applications.
What is a Revit file?
A file with . rvt extension is Autodesk’s proprietary format for Revit files. Revit is a building information modeling (BIM) program by Autodesk that is used to create 3D building designs for floor plans, elevations and sections. … Revit files can be opened using Autodesk Revit or Autocad Architecture software.
How do I import multiple families into Revit?
Multiple families can be loaded into Revit at once using the ‘Bulk Load Families’ button in the AVAIL Browser for Revit. It will appear when you multi-select families, by holding the Ctrl or Shift key and selecting families.
How do I get project Browser in Revit?
To open the Project Browser, click View tab Windows panel User Interface drop-down Project Browser, or right-click anywhere in the application window and click Browsers Project Browser.
How do I import a family file into another Revit?
Ways to Transfer Revit Families from One Project to Another
To start with, open the source project where the required families are. Then, in Project Browser navigate to Families section and right-click on it. Choose Save… then choose a folder to save your families to, and next in Family to save field leave option.