Click Modify tab Measure panel Measure drop-down, and then click either (Measure Between Two References) or (Measure Along An Element). If you select Measure Between Two References, you can measure a certain length from a starting point.
How do you find the length of a line in Revit?
So if you needed a quick total length you could select the detail lines > Convert Lines > Measure Along An Element > TAB > click chain. The Options Bar will list the Total Length, as well as a temporary dimension for each line segment.
How do you find perimeter in Revit?
Select Schedule building components.
Click the Formatting tab, and do the following:
- Under Fields, select Floor Perimeter.
- For Alignment, select Right.
- Select Calculate totals.
- (Optional) Specify formatting for Level and Mass: Type: under Fields, select a field name. Then for Alignment, select Center.
How do you scale in Revit?
Do one of the following:
- Select the elements to scale, and click Modify |
tab Modify panel (Scale).
- Click Modify tab Modify panel (Scale), select the elements to scale, and then press Enter .
How do you change measurements in Revit?
Set Project Units
- Click Manage tab Settings panel Project Units.
- In the Project Units dialog, select the discipline.
- Click the value in the Format column to change the display value for that unit type. …
- Specify Units, if necessary.
- For Rounding, select an appropriate value.
How do you measure a polyline in Revit?
To measure along a polyline
- Zoom out so you can see the area to measure.
- Click .
- Click the starting point, and then click the subsequent points that make up the polyline. …
- To complete the polyline, double-click. …
- To clear the current measurement, press Backspace.
Can you do a polyline in Revit?
A polyline is a collection of line segments defined by a set of coordinate points. These are typically encountered in imported geometry. The PolyLine class offers the ability to read the coordinates: PolyLine.
Why is measure tool greyed out Revit?
Solution: To resolve this issue, change to 2D views to use the measure tool. Alternatively you can create dimensions in 3D Ortho-views as described below: … Go to Annotate > Dimensions > Aligned.
How do I view 3D in Revit?
Create a Perspective 3D View
- Open a plan, section, or elevation view.
- Click View tab Create panel 3D View drop-down Camera. …
- Click in the drawing area to place the camera.
- Drag the cursor to the desired target and click to place it.