How do you mirror in AutoCAD?
To Mirror Objects in 2D
- Click Home tab Modify panel Mirror. Find.
- Select the objects to mirror.
- Specify the first point of the mirror line.
- Specify the second point.
- Press Enter to retain the original objects, or enter y to erase them.
How do you manipulate a viewport in AutoCAD?
You can make changes to the viewport, the clipping boundary, or both.
Redefine a layout viewport boundary
- Click a layout tab.
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Clip. …
- Select either an existing object to designate as the new viewport boundary, or specify the points of a new boundary. …
- Click OK.
How do you manipulate a viewport?
Editing a Design Layer Displayed in a Viewport
- Select the viewport.
- Select Modify > Edit Viewport. …
- Click Design Layer and select the design layer to edit from the list.
- Choose how the design layer will display. …
- If the viewport has been cropped, select Add Reference Crop Object to display the crop on the design layer.
What command is used to mirror an object in AutoCAD?
Creates a mirrored copy of selected objects. You can create objects that represent half of a drawing, select them, and mirror them across a specified line to create the other half.
What is the command for mirror?
The MIRROR command is used to save information that can be used later for file recovery using the UNDELETE and UNFORMAT commands. MIRROR creates a duplicate or MIRROR of this important information in case the original information becomes unreadable.
Which command is used to get the mirror image of a drawing?
Flip an object
Click the object that you want to rotate. Under Drawing Tools (or Picture Tools if you’re rotating a picture), on the Format tab, in the Arrange group, click Rotate, and then: To turn an object upside-down, click Flip Vertical. To create a mirror image of the object, click Flip Horizontal.
How do you make a viewport polygonal in AutoCAD?
To Create a Nonrectangular Layout Viewport
- If necessary, click a layout tab.
- Set the current layer to a layer that’s reserved for layout viewports (recommended). …
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Rectangular, Polygonal, or Object.
- Follow the prompts.
How do you pan in a viewport?
Pan a Distance Within a Viewport
- Double click the viewport to activate it.
to start the pan command in the command line.
- Pick a point inside of the viewport to specify the base point.
- Move the cursor in the desired direction of the pan (use ortho)
- Enter the specific distance and hit
How do you make an irregular shaped viewport in AutoCAD?
Creating Odd-Shaped Viewports in AutoCAD
- Click the Clip tool in the Layout tab’s Layout Viewports panel. …
- At the Select viewport to clip: prompt, click the viewport border.
- At the Select clipping object or [Polygonal]
: prompt, press ↵.
- Turn off Object Snap, and draw the outline shown in the top portion.
How many viewports are in AutoCAD?
You can choose any one of them to make your work easy in this software such as you can take Two Vertical options for two vertical viewports on the viewport screen at a time or choose any style of three viewport options three viewports at a time on your screen.
Go to the layout tab that contains the problem viewport. From the Properties palette, select the Quick Select button on the top right. On the Quick Select dialog box, set the Object type to Viewport and click OK.