To display the center of mass symbol in drawings, select a drawing view and click Insert > Model Items . Under Reference Geometry, click Center of Mass . Search ‘Reference Center of Mass in Drawings’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do you show units in Solidworks drawings?
You can show dimension units in drawings.
- In a drawing, click Options (Standard toolbar) or Tools > Options.
- On the Document Properties tab, click Dimensions and select Show units of dimensions.
- Click OK.
How do you add a center point in Solidworks?
Inserting Center Marks Automatically
- Click Center Mark. (Annotation toolbar) or Insert > Annotations > Center Mark. …
- Under Auto Insert, select one or more: For all holes. …
- Set the options for the auto insert choices.
- Set the remaining options in the Center Mark PropertyManager.
- Select one or more drawing views.
- Click .
How do I show patterns in Solidworks drawing?
You can display notes in a linear pattern in drawings. To display this PropertyManager: In a drawing, click Linear Note Pattern (Annotations toolbar) or Insert > Annotations > Linear Note Pattern.
How do I show dimensions in Solidworks sketch?
Click View > View Sketch Dimensions or click View Sketch Dimensions in Hide/Show Items (Heads Up View toolbar). View Sketch Dimensions is available only for parts and assemblies.
How do I display dual dimensions in SOLIDWORKS?
Displaying Dual Measure Dimensions
- Click Measure (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Measure .
- In the Measure dialog box, click Units/Precision .
- In the Measure Units/Precision dialog box, select Use custom settings and select the first length unit. …
- Click Use Dual Units and select the second unit of measurement.
How do I set units in SOLIDWORKS?
Go to Tools>Options>Document Properties>Units to change the units that are being used within the SOLIDWORKS design environment. There is also the units’ popup menu in the bottom right-hand corner of the SOLIDWORKS screen.
How do you find the center of a surface in Solidworks?
In a drawing document, click Center line (Annotation toolbar), or click Insert > Annotations > Center-line. The Center-line Property Manager appears. You can select either the tool or an entity first.
How do you show circular patterns in Solidworks drawing?
In a drawing view, click Circular Note Pattern (Annotations toolbar) or Insert > Annotations > Circular Note Pattern . , set the values. You can also drag the selection point to set the center of the pattern.
How do you show dimensions?
For example, a dimension of a rectangular room on a blueprint, 14′ 11″ X 13′ 10″ equates to a room size of 14 feet, 11-inches wide by 13 feet, 10-inches long. Dimensions are expressed as width by length by height or depth in three-dimensional space.
How do you dimension in Solidworks?
Dimensioning a 2D Sketch
- Click Smart Dimension. on the Dimensions/Relations toolbar, or click Tools > Dimensions > Smart. The default dimension type is Parallel. …
- Select the items to dimension, as shown in the table below. You can undo previous selections by pressing Esc. …
- Click to place the dimension. To dimension the…
How do I use DimXpert?
To use DimXpert for parts:
- Open a part to dimension using DimXpert.
- Set the DimXpert options. Click Tools > Options > Document Properties, and set the various DimXpert options, such as Geometric Tolerance.
- Insert dimensions and geometric tolerances manually or automatically. Option. Description. …
- Save the part.