How do you cut a half part in SolidWorks?
HINT: The easiest way is to search for it in the upper right corner of the screen! Use the RULED SURFACE as the TRIM TOOL, then hit the CUT BODIES button. If you just want the result to be a multibody part with the two separate halves in it, then just turn on the check marks for the resulting two bodies and hit OK.
How do you split a solid with a plane in SolidWorks?
Select the Right Plane and then insert the Split Feature from the pull-down menus, under Insert -> Feature -> Split. In the Split Feature, be sure the desired Plane is selected as the Trim Tool, then click Cut Part.
Where is the Split command in Solidworks?
To split a surface, the Trimming Surface must extend past the boundaries of the surface to split. Click Split (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Split.
How do I scale a part in Solidworks?
Scaling a Part
- In a part document, click Scale (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Scale .
- Set options in the PropertyManager.
- Click. The geometry of the model increases or decreases in size according to the scaling factors and other options you set. The Scale feature scales only the geometry of the model.
Can you slice in Solidworks?
You can use the Slicing tool to create 2D sketch sections that are at the intersection of the source geometry and a reference plane. The Slicing tool creates 2D sketches and sketch planes at the intersection of a reference plane and standard SOLIDWORKS BREP geometry, mesh BREP geometry, and graphics bodies.
How do you cut part of a plane in Solidworks?
Click Cut With Surface on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Cut > With Surface. In the PropertyManager, under Surface Cut Parameters, select the surface or plane to use to cut the solid bodies. Examine the preview. If necessary, click Flip cut to reverse the direction of the cut.
How do you split a line in Solidworks?
Creating Projection Split Lines
- Click Split Line. (Curves toolbar) or Insert > Curve > Split Line.
- In the PropertyManager, under Type of Split, select Projection.
- Under Selections, click: A sketch for Sketch to Project . You can select multiple contours from the same sketch to split. …
- Click . Before. After.
How do I add a new part in Solidworks?
You can create a new part from solid bodies or surface bodies. To open the Insert Into New Part PropertyManager: Right-click a solid body or surface body and click Insert Into New Part .