Click Mate (Assembly toolbar), or click Insert > Mate. In the PropertyManager, under Mate Selections, select the entities that you want to mate together for Entities to Mate . You can temporarily hide faces to select an obscured face by hovering over a face and pressing Alt.
How do you mate a part in SolidWorks?
You can also apply mates:
- While inserting a body into a part, by selecting Locate part with Move/Copy feature in the Insert Part PropertyManager.
- After the body is already in the part, using Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar).
What is Mate tool in SolidWorks?
Mates create geometric relationships between assembly components. As you add mates, you define the allowable directions of linear or rotational motion of the components. You can move a component within its degrees of freedom, visualizing the assembly’s behavior.
How do you mate multiple parts in Solidworks?
Select the faces, edges, planes, and so on that you want to mate together. Select the entity to which you want to mate several other components. Select entities on two or more other components to mate to the common reference. A mate is added for each component.
How do you use symmetry mate in Solidworks?
To add a symmetry mate:
- Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mate.
- Under Advanced Mates, click Symmetric .
- Under Mate Selections: Select the plane for Symmetry Plane. Click in Entities to Mate and then select the two entities to be symmetric.
- Click .
How do I edit a mate in Solidworks?
To modify a mate:
- Expand the Mates folder in the FeatureManager design tree. …
- In the PropertyManager, select the mate to edit and change the options. …
- To replace one entity with another, click the entity to replace in the Mate Selections box, press Delete, then select the new entity.
- Click .
What are the different mates in Solidworks?
Standard mates include angle, coincident, concentric, distance, lock, parallel, perpendicular, and tangent mates. Advanced mates include limit, linear/linear coupler, path, profile center, symmetry, and width mates.
How do you fix mates in Solidworks?
Try these actions, which sometimes fix the problem:
- Drag a component to snap it into place.
- Suppress and unsuppress the affected mates.
- If the components are far from their correct positions, suppress some of their mates, move the components closer to their correct positions, then unsuppress the mates.
How do you animate a mate in Solidworks?
You can find the mate in the Animation window under each component. Right-click beside the mate anywhere along the timebar and Place Key to add a new one. To adjust its value, simply double-click on each key and enter a different value.
How do I add a mate reference in Solidworks?
To define a mate reference:
- In a part or an assembly, click Mate Reference (Reference Geometry toolbar) or Insert > Reference Geometry > Mate Reference. …
- Under Reference Name, enter a name for the mate reference.
- Under Primary Reference Entity: …
- Repeat Step 3 to add secondary and tertiary entities.
- Click .
What are mating parts?
The definition of “mating” is simply two areas of one or more parts that contact each other. The areas may be flanges, edges, aligning holes (and their surrounding surfaces) or similar features.
How do you flip a mate in Solidworks?
To flip the alignment of width mates:
- Open an assembly that contains a width mate.
- In the FeatureManager design tree, expand Mates .
- Right-click Width and click Flip Mate Alignment.