Pro/E and Creo constraints are translated into SOLIDWORKS assembly mates. All the basic types, plus Pro/ENGINEER Point on Surface, Point on Edge, and Edge on Surface constraints are supported.
Can you open Creo files in SolidWorks?
You can import SolidWorks part and assembly models and export Creo parts and assemblies to SolidWorks. … You must explicitly select the Import option on the File Open dialog box to import SolidWorks parts and assemblies just as you import models of other non-native file formats.
How do I change a drawing from Creo to SolidWorks?
To export a SOLIDWORKS document as a Pro/ENGINEER or Creo Parametric file:
- Click File > Save As.
- Set Save as type to: ProE/Creo Part (*. prt) for parts. …
- Click Save. SOLIDWORKS exports solids and surfaces only, not feature data.
Can you open Pro E files in SolidWorks?
To import a Pro/ENGINEER part file into SolidWorks: Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open. Browse to a file, and click Open.
How do I open a Creo file?
ol files create parts. ◦ Creo View.
- Click File > Open. The File Open dialog box opens.
- Select Creo View (. ol, . …
- Select the Creo View file that you want to import.
- Click Import. …
- Retain the import profile in use or select an existing *. …
- Click OK in the Import New Model dialog box.
How different is Creo from SolidWorks?
The biggest difference between Creo and SolidWorks would be their complexity for users. SolidWorks is a much less complex option and has a quicker learning curve for beginners. Creo is a much more complex program and is aimed at the higher-end CAD market.
How do I save an assembly in Creo?
Click File > Save As > Save a copy. The Save a Copy dialog box opens. 2. Type a new file name for the assembly and click OK.
How do I convert Catia to Solidworks?
To import CATIA V5 files:
- Click File > Open.
- Navigate to the folder containing CATIA part or product files to open.
- For Files of type, select CATIA.
- Select the CATPart or CATProduct file and click Open. SOLIDWORKS imports the CATIA V5 file.
How do I convert Pro E to Catia?
If you want to use these file in CATIA, export them as a STEP from ProE and then import them into CATIA. And there’s another option available…you can directly import ProE files into CATIA. Just change the file extension from . STP to ProE extensions.
CAN STEP files be opened in Creo?
To Import Part and Assembly STEP Files. 1. Click File > Open without a part or assembly open or Model > Get Data > Import with a part or assembly open. … Select the STEP file you want to import on the list of available files or browse to find and then click the STEP file.