If you’ve been moving the drawing axes hither and yon, you can move the axes back to their default position pretty easily. Simply context-click an axis and choose Reset from the menu that appears, as shown in the figure.
What are the default axis colors in Sketchup?
One of these is the axes. The Global axis lines are the red, green and blue lines that are normally seen in the drawing window. The point where these lines cross is called the Origin. The red line is the X-axis, green is the Y-axis and blue is the Z-axis.
How do you unlock axis in Sketchup?
You can do one of two things. To release the axis lock, tap again on the same key, or on another to change axes. Get the movement going in the direction you want (axis, on edge, on face, etc), and hold down the Shift key. Let go of the key to release the direction lock.
How do I reset my view in SketchUp?
“Camera” pull-down, click “field of view”, type-in “30”, hit enter… this should bring you back to default. You can also drag the spyglass to change the VCB (lower right-hand corner. Hope this helps, and welcome!
How do I align objects to Axis in SketchUp?
Aligning along an axis
- Open SketchUp.
- Create an entity.
- Press spacebar to choose the Select tool.
- Triple click on the entity.
- CTRL+ click and select Make Group.
- Select the Move tool (M) and click on a point, then press an arrow key to lock the axis of motion. Left arrow = green axis, up = blue and right = red:
How do you use the orbit tool in SketchUp?
To orbit using the Orbit tool, follow these steps:
- Select the Orbit tool ( ) or press the O key.
- Click anywhere in the drawing area.
- Move your cursor in any direction to rotate around the center of the drawing area.
How do you align views in SketchUp?
Align view to face – SketchUp Tutorial
To do that with this kitchen, I will select a face to align my camera to, double click into that group, right click on the face, and choose Align View.