How do you delete a reference in Solidworks drawing?
To remove the reference:
- Open the drawing or drawing template that contains the unwanted file reference.
- Expand the View Palette.
- Find and select the the part or assembly that is the unwanted file reference in the drop-down menu.
- Click on the ‘Clear All’ button (the red ‘X’).
- Save the drawing file, and check into PDM.
How do you make a reference drawing in Solidworks?
This is SOLIDWORKS 2020 new functionality! Just right-click on the sketch again and select ‘Make Reference Sketch’ and the sketch is back to its no edit state. This actually works with ANY SKETCH not just imported DWG & DXF files. Just right-click on any sketch and select ‘Make Reference Sketch’.
How do you change a reference on a drawing?
References can be changed when a file is opened, i.e. change the part a drawing references. Choose File> Open and select the assembly or drawing document by left clicking once. Select References in the bottom right corner of the dialogue and you will be shown the current references.
How do I change the part configuration in Solidworks?
To configure a component:
- In an assembly, right-click a component and click Configure Component .
- In the Modify Configurations dialog box, you can: Create new assembly configurations. Change the component configuration used in each assembly configuration.
How do I delete a part reference in Solidworks?
Changing or Removing References
- Check out the parent file.
- On the Contains tab, click Custom References .
- In the Edit User-Defined File References dialog box, do one of the following: To remove a reference, clear Referenced. …
- Click OK.
- Check in the parent file.
To break the link from the original part file: In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the inserted third-party native CAD file and click Break Link.
How do I turn off external references in Solidworks?
Click No External References (Assembly toolbar). Click Tools > Options > System Options > External References, and select Do not create references external to the model.
How do I fix references in Solidworks?
Replacing Broken References
- Select a file with a broken reference.
- Click Tools > Update References . …
- Select a reference to replace and click Edit > Replace File.
- In the Replace File dialog box, browse to the file that will replace the broken reference.
- Click Open.
How do I change external references in Solidworks?
Locking and Breaking External References
- In the FeatureManager design tree: For an individual item, right-click the feature, component, body, or part. …
- Click External References. …
- To modify external references, select the external references and click Break Selected, Lock Selected, or Unlock Selected. …
- Click OK.