What is an object in SketchUp?
In SketchUp, there are two types of Objects; Groups and Components. Objects are there to help you organize your model because: Objects hold other entities. In a 3D model of a house, for example, you can put all the house geometry into an object, either a group or a component.
How do you cut an object in SketchUp?
To perform a trim, follow these steps:
- Select the Trim tool ( ). Tip: Until you hover over a solid group or component, you see an arrow cursor with a circle and a slash. …
- Click to select the cutting group or component. …
- Click the group or component that you want to cut.
How do you move objects in SketchUp?
Follow these steps:
- With the Select ( ) tool, select the item (or items) you want to move.
- Select the Move tool ( ) or press the M key.
- Click the item you want to move. …
- Move your mouse to move your selection. …
- Click the destination point to finish the move.
How do you fill an object in SketchUp?
Filling a shape with a color
- With the Select tool ( ), select the shape in the drawing area.
- Open the Shape Style panel by clicking its title bar. …
- Click the Fill option, which becomes highlighted, as shown in the following figure. …
- Click the color well next to the Fill option.
How do you make an object hollow in SketchUp?
3. Erase the interior to make your design hollow inside: Click on the black “selection” arrow at the far upper right corner of the menu. Then right click the interior of the circle. Click “Erase.” You should remain with a hollow “o” or “donut-style” shape.