Can you bend parts in Solidworks?
The Bends PropertyManager allows you to convert a shelled part to a sheet metal part. To use the Bends PropertyManager to convert a part to sheet metal: Click Insert Bends (Sheet Metal toolbar) or click Insert > Sheet Metal > Bends.
How do I add a bend in Solidworks?
Using Insert Bends to Add a Body
- In a sheet metal part, select or create a plane and draw a profile sketch.
- Click Extruded Boss/Base (Features toolbar).
- In the PropertyManager: Set the direction and depth of the extrusion. …
- Click Insert Bends. (Sheet Metal toolbar) or Insert > Sheet Metal > Bends .
- In the PropertyManager:
How do you bend a circle in Solidworks?
To create a sheet metal part with round bends:
- Sketch a closed or open profile.
- Create a thin feature part. …
- Click Insert Bends. …
- In the PropertyManager, under Bend Parameters: …
- Under Bend Allowance, select from: Bend Table, K-Factor, Bend Allowance, Bend Deduction, or Bend Calculation.
How do you fold in Solidworks?
First, add an Unfold feature to flatten the bend. Next, add your cut. Lastly, add a Fold feature to return the bend to its folded state.
|Original part||One bend is unfolded|
|Cut through the unfolded bend||Bend is folded back up|
How do I use the Deform tool in Solidworks?
To open the Deform PropertyManager with Surface Push options:
- Click Deform on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Features > Deform.
- In the PropertyManager, under Deform Type, select Surface Push.
How do you curve a face in Solidworks?
Face Curves PropertyManager
- Click Face Curves (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Face Curves, then select a face or surface.
- Select a face or surface, then click Face Curves or Tools > Sketch Tools > Face Curves.
How do you make a rounded top in Solidworks?
In order to round off the corner edges of the rectangle use the Fillet tool also found on the feature tab.
- Click on the fillet tool.
- Select the corner edges you want to round off.
- Define the radius of the fillet (0.25 in)
- Click the green check mark.