How do you cut a hole in a mass in Revit?
Family instances inside of the massing editor.
- Create two adjacent solid forms. In this example, the solid form being cut has a divided surface to better show how the cut relationship works. …
- Click Modify tab Geometry panel (Cut).
- Select the solid form to be cut.
- Select the cutting solid form. The solids cut accordingly.
How do you cut a void wall in Revit?
- Edit the in place wall.
- Create a new void extrusion that will define the opening.
- Use the “Cut” tool and select the void geometry.
- Finish the solid edition.
How do I delete a void in Revit?
Click Space tab Modify panel Remove Void. Select the void you want to remove from the space. The void is removed. Press Enter.
How do you cut out a shape in Revit?
Load the family into the project and place it. Click Modify tab Geometry panel Cut drop-down (Cut Geometry). Select the object to be cut. Select the instance with which to cut.
How do you cut a void?
Cutting with voids in families when loaded
- Open the Revit family with unattached voids and click Create tab Properties panel Family Category and Parameters.
- In the Family Category and Parameters dialog, select Cut With Voids when Loaded and click OK.
- Load the family into the project and place it.
How do you do a void blend in Revit?
In the Family Editor, on the Create tab Forms panel, do one of the following:
- Click (Blend).
- Click Void Forms drop-down (Void Blend).
What does cut with voids when loaded mean in Revit?
“Cut with Voids When Loaded: When selected, voids created in the family will cut through solids. The following categories can be cut by voids: ceilings, floors, generic models, roofs, structural columns, structural foundations, structural framing, and walls.”
How do you cut a geometry wall in Revit?
On the Modify ribbon, in the Geometry panel, click Cut Geometry. Revit prompts you to select the geometry to be cut. Click to select the wall. Then Revit prompts you to select the void geometry to cut.
How do I select a void form in Revit?
To create a void form, use the pull down-menu on the Void Forms button, and then select the type of void form to create. Once the void form is created, if it intersects an existing solid, the portion of the void that intersects the solid will be removed from the solid form.
How do I make voids visible in Revit?
Revit 2021 has included Void visibility control under the void’s properties. With this yes/no visibility control called “Cuts Geometry” we can now use it’s link button to be able to control it with a visibility parameter of our choice, inside the family’s properties.
How do you void extrusion in Revit?
Click in the drawing area, and draw a closed loop that intersects solid geometry. Select the closed loop. Click Modify | Lines tab Form panel Create Form drop-down (Void Form). A void form extrusion is created.
How do you cut a surface in Revit?
Click Modify tab Geometry panel (Cut). Select the solid form to be cut. Select the cutting solid form. The solids cut accordingly.