To create a face fillet between surfaces: Create two surfaces (the surfaces need not be adjacent). Click Fillet (Features toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Fillet/Round. In the PropertyManager, under Fillet Type, select Face fillet.
How do you make face fillets?
Creating Face-Face Fillets
- Click Face-Face Fillet in Dress-Up Features toolbar ( Fillets sub-toolbar). The Face – Face Fillet Definition dialog box appears.
- Select the faces to be filleted.
- Enter a radius value in the Radius field if you are not satisfied with the default one. For example, enter 31mm .
How do you fillet a surface in Solidworks?
To create a face fillet between surfaces:
- Create two surfaces (the surfaces need not be adjacent).
- Click Fillet (Features toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Fillet/Round.
- In the PropertyManager, under Fillet Type, select Face fillet.
- Under Items To Fillet, set a Radius value.
What is face fillet?
The face fillet is added between two faces. This is different than the basic fillet in that you select the faces between which a round gets added.
How do you create a face in Solidworks?
To sketch on model faces:
- Select the planar model face on which you want to sketch.
- Click a sketch tool on the Sketch toolbar, click Sketch. , or click Insert > Sketch . …
- To sketch on a different face, exit the current sketch, select the new face, and open a new sketch.
How do I heal edges in SolidWorks?
To heal edges:
- Click Heal Edges (Features toolbar) or Insert > Face > Heal Edges.
- In the PropertyManager, under Faces: Select the faces whose edges you want to heal for Face(s) to Heal . …
- Click Heal Edges. …
- Click .
How do you fillet a circle in SolidWorks?
Select the edge, and go to Insert > Features > and select Fillet/Round. In the property manager under Fillet Type, click Constant Size Fillet. Next, under Items to Fillet, select both Tangent Propagation and Full Preview.
Where is fillet in Solidworks?
To create a fillet: Click Fillet (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Fillet/Round.
How do I change the direction of a fillet in Solidworks?
Make surface fillets with hold lines. Trim or keep the filleted surfaces in a face fillet. Make a variable radius fillet on a surface. Click Reverse Face Normal for a face set to reverse the fillet direction.
How do you fillet multiple bodies in Solidworks?
To create multiple fillets using the FilletXpert Add tab: In the FilletXpert PropertyManager, click the Add tab.
Creating Multiple Fillets
- Select items to fillet for Edges, Faces, Features and Loops .
- Set the Radius .
- Click Apply. The FilletXpert adds the fillet features without leaving the PropertyManager.
How do you cut a face in Solidworks?
Click Cut With Surface on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Cut > With Surface. In the PropertyManager, under Surface Cut Parameters, select the surface or plane to use to cut the solid bodies. Examine the preview. If necessary, click Flip cut to reverse the direction of the cut.
How do I partition a face in Solidworks?
Splitting a Face by Projecting a New Sketch
- In the Fixture or an External Loads PropertyManager, select the Split tab.
- Under Type of Split: Select Sketch. …
- When you finish sketching, click Exit Sketch. …
- For Other Faces to Split , select the faces to project the sketch onto.
- Optionally, select either: …
- Click Create Split.
How do you draw on surfaces in Solidworks?
Creating a Bounded Planar Surface from a Sketch
- Create a non-intersecting, single contour, closed sketch.
- Click Planar Surface (Surfaces toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Planar.
- In the PropertyManager, select the sketch in the graphics area or FeatureManager design tree for Bounding Entities. . …
- Click OK .