To create a selection set, select the elements you want in the set, choose Modify, then on the Selection tab, click Save. To load a selection into a scene, click Load Selection, and choose the selection set in the Retrieve Files dialog box.
How do you add a selection in Revit?
Select Multiple Elements
- While pressing Ctrl , click each of the elements. …
- Draw a selection box by placing the cursor on one side of the elements to be selected and dragging it diagonally to form a rectangular boundary. …
- Press Tab to highlight connected elements, and then click to select.
How do you select a selection selection in Revit?
Go to the Manage tab in the Ribbon bar. In the grouping “Selection” click the Load button. Select the selection set which you have previously saved and click OK.
How do you select an object in Revit?
In Revit, hover to highlight an element, and then click to select it. To clear a selection, press Esc. To add to a selection, Ctrl-click; to remove an added object, Shift-click.
How do I view only selected objects in Revit?
Isolate selected items for unobstructed 3D viewing and documentation.
- In the drawing area of any view, select the elements to isolate. …
- Click Modify |
View panel (Selection Box). …
- Drag the handles to resize the selection box as needed.
How do you use the selection filter in Revit?
Using Filter Selection to Find Objects in Revit
- Select all elements in the Revit model.
- Open the Selection Filter (found under the Modify > Selection tab)
- Uncheck what you want to exclude from the Selection or select ‘Check None’ and then choose the categories you want to include in the selection.
Where is selection box in Revit?
Under the Modify/Multi-select tab, you will find your View panel and Selection Box. This will instantly give you a quick 3D view of all the elements you have selected. To save your view, go to your Project Browser on your left and rename your current view.
How are selection filters created?
In the Object Selection Filters dialog box: Under Select Filter, select a filter and then click Add To List. If needed, scroll down to add Boolean operators, and then add additional filters. To specify an object that represents the category of objects you want to select, click Add Selected Object.