With the Object option, you can select a closed object, such as a circle or closed polyline created in paper space, to convert into a layout viewport. The object that defines the viewport boundary is associated with the viewport after the viewport is created.
How do you make a viewport in AutoCAD?
To Create a New Layout Viewport
- Click View > Viewports > New Viewports….
- In the Viewports dialog box, enter the new name for the viewport.
- Select the viewports from the Standard Viewports list.
- Click OK to create the new Viewport.
How do you turn a circle into a viewport?
How to Create a Circular Viewport in AutoCAD
- Using the standard AutoCAD CIRCLE command, draw a circle to represent the viewport boundary in your desired layout tab (Left circle in illustration).
- Using the MVIEW command, type OB for object and select the circle you drew in step 1 above.
How do I change the viewport shape in AutoCAD?
You can make changes to the viewport, the clipping boundary, or both.
Redefine a layout viewport boundary
- Click a layout tab.
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Clip. …
- Select either an existing object to designate as the new viewport boundary, or specify the points of a new boundary. …
- Click OK.
How do I get my viewport back in AutoCAD?
Go to the layout tab that contains the problem viewport. From the Properties palette, select the Quick Select button on the top right. On the Quick Select dialog box, set the Object type to Viewport and click OK.
How do you make a viewport in model space in AutoCAD?
To Create Multiple Model Space Viewports
Click the – or + control, and then the Viewport Configuration List to change the number and arrangement of viewports. Press CTRL while dragging viewport boundaries to display the green splitter bar and create new viewports.
What is the viewport command in AutoCAD?
When you use the MVIEW command to create a new layout viewport, you specify the view that you want to display in it with one of several methods: Click the diagonal corners of a rectangular area, and the extents of model space are displayed automatically.
How do you make a polyline viewport?
To Create a Nonrectangular Layout Viewport
- Click View > Viewports > Polygonal viewport.
- Specify points to create a nonrectangular layout viewport. …
- Click View > Viewports > Object.
- Select a closed object, such as a circle or closed polyline created in paper space, to convert into a layout viewport.
How do I insert a polyline viewport?
The prompts are the same as the prompts for creating a polyline.
- If necessary, click a layout tab.
- Set the current layer to a layer that’s reserved for layout viewports (recommended). …
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Rectangular, Polygonal, or Object.
- Follow the prompts.
How do you make a Mview on a circle in AutoCAD?
Create a Circular Layout Viewport
Change the current layer to one that you want to use for layout viewport objects. Create a circle somewhere on the new layout. Enter MVIEW at the command prompt and specify the Object option. Select the circle.
How do I edit an existing viewport?
Select the viewport. Select Modify > Edit Viewport. The Edit Viewport dialog box opens (see Modifying Viewports for a description of the dialog box parameters). Click Design Layer and select the design layer to edit from the list.
How do I edit a viewport?
Select the viewport. Select Modify > Edit Viewport. Alternatively, right-click (Windows) or Ctrl-click (Mac) on a viewport, and select Edit from the context menu.
How do you unlock a viewport in Autocad?
As its tooltip indicates, its function is to lock and unlock viewports. Click the Lock/Unlock Viewport button to lock the viewport scale. The yellow unlocked padlock changes to a blue locked padlock, and the Viewport Scale button becomes unselectable. Locking the display makes for some nifty zooming.