How do I edit mass profile in Revit?
Editing In-Place Massing Families
- Open a project file.
- On the ribbon, click Massing & Site tab Conceptual Mass panel Show Mass Form and Floors.
- Select the mass. …
- Click Modify | Mass tab Model panel Edit In-Place. …
- Modify the mass.
- Click Model In-Place Mass tab In-Place Editor panel Finish Mass.
How do you change the mass material in Revit?
How to Set the Material for all Mass Elements in a Project.
- In the Manage tab>Project Settings panel, expand Settings and select Object Styles.
- Expand the Mass category and select the material for the Form.
- Click in the Material column and then click Browse when it displays.
How do you move mass in Revit?
Moving In-Place Massing Families
- Open a Revit project.
- On the ribbon, click Massing & Site tab Conceptual Mass panel In-Place Mass .
- Name the in-place mass in the Name dialog. …
- (Optional) Create a form or manipulate the mass in some way using the available tools.
How do you make a mass visible in Revit?
Solution: Try the following:
- Click Massing & Site tab Conceptual Mass panel Show Mass Form and Floors.
- Type ZF to Zoom to Fit.
- Type VG (Visibility/Graphics). On the Model Categories tab of the Visibility/Graphic Overrides dialog, expand Mass. Make sure that Mass and Mass Floor are selected. Click OK.
What is mass element in Revit?
by John Flanagan. Massing in Revit. Mass Elements are used to give you a conceptual idea of the space and shape of a building without having to take the time to put in a lot of detail. It allows you to create alternative designs quickly and easily and get approval before you put in a lot of effort. Massing Tools.
How do you add material to place mass?
- Select the element.
- Click on “Edit in Place” from the Modify | Mass Ribbon tab.
- Select the element you want to apply the material to.
- Look for a Material parameter in the element’s properties.
How do you turn off mass in Revit?
Set the Visibility of the Mass Category for a View
Click View tab Graphics panel (Visibility/Graphics). On the Model Categories tab, select the mass category. This view-specific setting determines whether the mass prints, and whether it is visible when Show Mass is turned off.
How do you unhide mass in Revit?
Do one of the following:
- Click Modify |
tab Reveal Hidden Elements panel (Unhide Element) or (Unhide Category).
- Right-click the element, and click Unhide in View Elements or Category.