You cannot add or delete sketch entities in a derived sketch. However, you can re-orient it with dimensions and geometric relations. When you make changes to the original sketch, the derived sketch updates automatically.
What does derived mean in Solidworks?
You can create a part directly from an existing part. The new part, called a derived part, has the original part as its first feature. By default, the derived part is linked to the original part by means of an external reference. Any changes to the original part are reflected in the derived part.
How do I edit a sketch in Solidworks?
To edit a sketch:
- Right-click one of the following: The sketch in the FeatureManager design tree. A feature built from the sketch, either in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree. …
- Select Edit Sketch .
- To close the sketch when you are finished editing, right-click in the sketch and select Exit Sketch.
How do I reuse a sketch in Solidworks?
If you want to reuse the original sketch in another feature, simply make the sketch visible. When editing the sketch you can add contours and use them in the existing features and add new features to the new sketch entries.
Where is modify sketch in Solidworks?
Editing an Existing Sketch
- Click Sketch on the Sketch toolbar, or click Insert > Sketch. Select an existing sketch to edit.
- Right-click a sketch in the FeatureManager design tree, or right-click a sketch entity in the graphics area, and select Edit Sketch.
How do you delete a derived configuration in Solidworks?
Right-click the name of the configuration you want to delete, and select Delete. You are asked to confirm the deletion of the configuration. Click Yes. The selected configuration is deleted.
How do you edit a derived part?
Right-click the derive feature in the browser and choose Edit Derived Part or Edit Derived Assembly. Use this option to change the objects you chose when you originally derived the part or assembly. Updates are automatically reflected in the current file.
How do I change text sketch in Solidworks?
To edit sketch text:
- In an open sketch, right-click the text (the pointer changes to when it is over the sketch text) and select Properties.
- Edit the text and its properties in the Sketch Text PropertyManager as necessary.
How do I edit a part in Solidworks?
Editing a Part in an Assembly
- Right-click the part and select Edit Part, or click Edit Component on the Assembly toolbar. …
- Make the necessary changes to the part.
How do you change a solid model in Solidworks?
Editing Imported Features
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the feature created from the imported document, and select Edit Feature. …
- In the Files of type list, select the desired format.
- Browse to select the desired file to import. …
- Select the Match faces and edges check box, if desired. …
- Click Open.
How do you copy a whole sketch and reuse in Solidworks?
Copying and Pasting Entire Sketches
- Select the closed sketch in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Click Edit > Copy or press Ctrl+C.
- Click in the sketch or document where you want to paste the center of the sketch.
- Click Edit > Paste or press Ctrl+V.
Can you save a sketch in Solidworks?
Saving Sketches in the Design Library
In the FeatureManager design tree, select the sketch to add to the Design Library. … In the PropertyManager, under Save To, type a file name and select a Design Library folder. Click . The sketch is saved as a block in your Design Library.